Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447967 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127997 - 07/15/04 12:13 PM Re: Membership
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Becoming a member.

One does not have to pay money here to become a member. All of us have paid dearly to be members here. We are members here before we arrive. That's what makes this place feel like coming home.

Marc is right, however. Money does make this site possible and money will help us be more for more of us.

I know that some of you have given more than just a membership fee...no, I don't have access to the actual contribution records, I just know that some of you have been really generous in seeing to it that this place stays afloat. You have my eternal gratitude for that.

Not that this place exists just for me, but at times I think that this place does exist, just for me.

Do you ever have that feeling, when it's late at night, when there is really no where else to go, when you feel soooooooooo alone?

Thank you, thank you everyone who has contributed whatever amount.

I'm so thankful for this place, I'm so thankful for you, for being here, for me.

You ARE my brothers,

David

#127998 - 07/15/04 01:16 PM Re: Membership
Aden Offline

This is kind of like an evening trying to watch a Brittish sit-com on PBS.

I put in my call. Your phone is ringing. Will you answer? I don't have much money, but my garden is in full swing and the cucumbers are comming out of my ears! Could you use some pickels?

Seriously, I'll give what I can. And take what I need.

#128000 - 07/15/04 02:14 PM Re: Membership
Aden Offline

I knew I liked you for a reason. Your fun. There is a playfulness in your response that suggests a positive humility combined with good intentions. You would never make it as an NPR fund raiser because you lack the smug self-righteousness of a Public Radio Host.

But you did convince me to give. The only question is: Will you take what I have to offer?

Aden

#128001 - 07/16/04 03:09 AM Re: Membership
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Aden,
Seems like most of our Board lives in the northen parts of the Nation. So I'm thinking bread and butter pickels should work ;\) . \:D . And yes as it has been pointed out our Board does what they do for free. They all paid out of there own pocket for attending the last board meeting. So if you cant join lets at least tell them thanks for the hard work they do for us. My hats off to the Board of Director's here........ Thank you for all you do for us and the work you put in keeping this place up and going and safe for all who come. \:D

James

#128002 - 07/16/04 11:59 AM Re: Membership
RememberingInMN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
I do have a question, I just this morning signed up as a member. I payed the 35.00 and I still can't do anything with the member forum and the like. What do I have to do after I recieve my confirmation by email that I was billed? Anyone know what I do next?

I must not fear.Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.I will face my fear.I will let it pass over and through me.I will turn my inner eye inside.Where there was fear there will be nothing.Only I will remain

#128003 - 07/16/04 12:41 PM Re: Membership
Aden Offline

Oddly enough I just made B&B pickles and some pickled hot peppers yesterday. Fresh from my garden. Have been giving away cucumbers and peppers at the rate of 2 dozen a week each for about 3 weeks. If shipping fresh produce will give me a full membership, provide and address. The tomatos are starting to do well also.

Aden

#128004 - 07/16/04 04:55 PM Re: Membership
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Quote:
Originally posted by RememberingInMN:
I do have a question, I just this morning signed up as a member. I payed the 35.00 and I still can't do anything with the member forum and the like. What do I have to do after I recieve my confirmation by email that I was billed? Anyone know what I do next?
You wait for the red tape to catch up. lol
If things seem to take too long, you contact someone.

#128005 - 07/18/04 12:08 PM Re: Membership
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Remembering,
If you still do not have access to things then please email Fred Tolson (President of MS as well as webmaster for MS) @ ftolson@malesurvivor.org and he will get this delt with for you.

James

#128006 - 07/18/04 01:46 PM Re: Membership
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Does anyone know how long it generally takes to get the membership processed to access the member areas? I signed up several weeks ago and have received my welcome packet, but still can't get to member areas. Just wondering, don't want to pester them if I'm just being impatient.

#128007 - 07/18/04 02:01 PM Re: Membership
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
To get your member access after you join, PM Fred Tolson. The rest of the stuff (i.e. newsletter) will take care of itself.

Try this link to PM Fred: http://www.malesurvivor.org/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=private_message;u=00001019

And for those that are wanting to join and haven't done so yet: http://www.malesurvivor.org/Online%20Store/storemem.htm

Take care,
Bill

#128009 - 09/14/04 12:00 AM Re: Membership
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Hello Marc,

You will be happy to know that I joined MS as a paying member tonight (best $35 I've ever spent in my mind) - I have been fighting with myself over whether I should or not for the past month since I first came here (was told by a couple of people here that all mailings come in indestinguishable brown envelopes - hope so cause gossip travels like lightning in this small community)- am sort of still afraid that somehow it will leak out into my small community that I am an abuse survivor (not sure why this scares me so much? - the fact is - that I AM an abuse survivor and I should have nothing to hide - the perps are the ones who want to keep it hidden)- I will learn to get over that fear when and if that ever does happen - I will not let my fears keep me from stepping forward...

Thank you for the kick in the butt that I needed...

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#128010 - 09/14/04 10:45 AM Re: Membership
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I got my packet last week too and for the first time I saw my name in the member directory. What a great feeling. Very much like the feeling I got when I logged on and saw that people had responded to my first post here.

Thanks everybody, for giving and just for being here.

#128011 - 09/15/04 01:52 PM Re: Membership
CFO Dave Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Millis MA
Go Marc,

NPR fundraiser you may not be, but pep rally leader could be your calling.

I got my mailing last week. The return address was a little of a shock. I'm glad that's been cleared up. My kids didn't see it and I hope the mailman didn't notice. I too live in a small town. Oh well, who cares, I'm telling people now anyway.

Thanks to the directors for all their work. This place has helped me so much in the 6-8 weeks I've been coming here.

Dave

"The soul that is within me no man can degrade."
-Frederick Douglas

#128012 - 09/17/04 01:21 AM Re: Membership
InjunE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio

#128013 - 09/17/04 01:22 AM Re: Membership
InjunE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Just an idea,

I was just thinking aloud while reading these posts, why not have lifetime memberships? I thought, for $1000.00 or so, with payments of course over a long time, why not have these kinds of memberships? It would raise revenue, and for the people who are not dues paying members yet, it could assist them in becoming full members. The NRA, as well as a few other organizations, do this, and it seems to work well. Just an idea.

Earl Weeks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.