Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
9 registered (focusedbody, AlexT, gettingstronger, Cthulhu, 4 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63183 Topics
441800 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#128009 - 09/14/04 12:00 AM Re: Membership
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Hello Marc,

You will be happy to know that I joined MS as a paying member tonight (best $35 I've ever spent in my mind) - I have been fighting with myself over whether I should or not for the past month since I first came here (was told by a couple of people here that all mailings come in indestinguishable brown envelopes - hope so cause gossip travels like lightning in this small community)- am sort of still afraid that somehow it will leak out into my small community that I am an abuse survivor (not sure why this scares me so much? - the fact is - that I AM an abuse survivor and I should have nothing to hide - the perps are the ones who want to keep it hidden)- I will learn to get over that fear when and if that ever does happen - I will not let my fears keep me from stepping forward...

Thank you for the kick in the butt that I needed...

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#128010 - 09/14/04 10:45 AM Re: Membership
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I got my packet last week too and for the first time I saw my name in the member directory. What a great feeling. Very much like the feeling I got when I logged on and saw that people had responded to my first post here.

Thanks everybody, for giving and just for being here.

#128011 - 09/15/04 01:52 PM Re: Membership
CFO Dave Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Millis MA
Go Marc,

NPR fundraiser you may not be, but pep rally leader could be your calling.

I got my mailing last week. The return address was a little of a shock. I'm glad that's been cleared up. My kids didn't see it and I hope the mailman didn't notice. I too live in a small town. Oh well, who cares, I'm telling people now anyway.

Thanks to the directors for all their work. This place has helped me so much in the 6-8 weeks I've been coming here.

Dave

"The soul that is within me no man can degrade."
-Frederick Douglas

#128012 - 09/17/04 01:21 AM Re: Membership
InjunE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio

#128013 - 09/17/04 01:22 AM Re: Membership
InjunE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Just an idea,

I was just thinking aloud while reading these posts, why not have lifetime memberships? I thought, for $1000.00 or so, with payments of course over a long time, why not have these kinds of memberships? It would raise revenue, and for the people who are not dues paying members yet, it could assist them in becoming full members. The NRA, as well as a few other organizations, do this, and it seems to work well. Just an idea.

Earl Weeks

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.