Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63546 Topics
443994 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#127871 - 08/14/06 08:55 AM I love food
usccabum1985 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois
So bare with me. I love food. Aside from rock climbing my next faveret thing to do is cook. I love to make food. And not just anything, food that would cost way to much for me at a resturant. I love it. I just enjoy eating. I said that I was a rock climber, climbing is my life. I strive to be the best climber I can be. I am almost obsesive about it. Now hears my issue. I just looked at my eating patern and didnt like what I saw.
The other day my mom noticed how thin I was. My reply was that climbers are thin. and then she brought up my eating. She said I only eat once a day. and she was right. I realized I only realy ate anyting after I was done climbing for the day. I would come home eat a small meal and go out/to bed. I dont eat brekfast, I almost never eat lunch and then I have a small dinner. and looking back I havent been too good about that. and then I realized it, I cant eat If Im not hungry. I mean the other night I made portobelo mushroom burgers with swiss chees, rosted red pepers,home made guaqmolie, amd pesto mayo. that is one of my favoret meals, and I couldent eat it. It was right there in front of me and I just wasnt hungry. In the time it took me to make that I lost my appetite compleatly. right now its been about 24 hours and Im still not hungry.
This sorta snuck up on me. Now Im worred. has this happend to anyone else? Im starting to think Iv developed an eating dissorder. My frinds just tell me to eat more but Its not that easy for me. If im not hungry than I cant eat. any oppinions or thoughts?

#127872 - 08/14/06 10:40 AM Re: I love food
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
That meal you cooked up sounds yummy.
I know where you are coming from though, I can cook stuff, and sometimes its so hard to eat.

Like you, I eat once a day, but do snack in between. You need to be aware that it sounds like you have an obsessive disorder, where you are so conscious of your weight.

My brother remarked at my weight loss, but to me, I cannot see it, because I look the same in the mirror, and have never really put on weight.

Try and make sure that you eat one good meal a day, because you need it.
Dont fall into the trap of making it worse by not eating, or not having an apetite.

Try breaking the habit, by having breakfast.
I know its hard, but try it, or treat yourself to a loaded sandwich when you are out,

ste

#127873 - 09/05/06 09:51 PM Re: I love food
vhd11 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Yeah, I think Ste is right. Try adding breakfast into your routine. I find when I don't eat, I don't get hungry, but when I eat regularly and then stop, I get hungry quickly. Small meals are good too. Maybe a protein bar or shake before climbing. Then there is the big bowl of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream before bed that is certain to add a few pounds.

V

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.