Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443100 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127814 - 08/13/06 05:10 AM pet
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Today, first time my life, I get the pet. A friend, he be tell me some, it be better, I have something to love, something I come home to who want to seen me. I do not know, I have fear to love anyone, even if is small animal. Never before I have pet. We look, the fish, the lizerd things, the cats. Fish, you can not hold them and care of them as that. But still, I have fear to get anything. I start to watch them rodent things, most, they are curl up together, they sleep. This one, she sit up her back feet, and keep look at us. Then she go to run wheel, and come back and look again. We watch for some time, she is one most who is atention to us. So my friend, he ask, can we hold these things, see if they will bite. So he take out this gerbel, let me hold her. He say it sometime will take a month or such they will be more tame and know you more. She wander around my arm for little while, then sit in my hand and gone asleep. So we decide it, this must be one we will have. So we bring her home and cage and food and such, and watch her. Is quite funny, she do not like how we put things in the cage, she move everything around as she like, and dig out like a nest tunnel. And she like much to be held, she sit up on back feet and look at you, and look quite smart for a small thing. I am very more happy of this then I think I will be. I think it to be good.

VN

#127815 - 08/13/06 07:13 AM Re: pet
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
nice. \:\)

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#127816 - 08/13/06 07:19 AM Re: pet
vac Offline

Loc: dublin, georgia
Pets of all kinds have always been very therapeutic for me. I have a very small dog at my feet now as I write. My wife and I rescue animals when the opportunity arises. We have a single friend who has bought a farm. She wants to rescue abused animals and bring disturbed children in to care for them. I have always talked to my pets; they are like children who never grow up! VAC

#127817 - 08/13/06 07:19 AM Re: pet
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Visha,

So very cool! Little animals we can care for and hold are a blessing. Very healing too. There've been studies done that indicate owning a pet can actually extend the human lifespan by a number of years.

So have you picked out a name for this little creature yet? Let us know if you wish to. We'd love to hear it.

Perhaps you could start a thread in the Images forum for Pets and put her picture there. We'd like to see it. I bet a lot of the guys would love to show us their pet. I know Dale has put up a picture of his dog Caleb some place there. There's a thread someone started called "Real Animals". It's a ways down the list back into the archive.

Anyhow, I'm glad you've taken this step, It'll be a good thing I'm sure.

Lots of love,

John

#127818 - 08/13/06 09:26 AM Re: pet
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Visha,

Very cool. I have always been a pets person and I really like having them around. Your gerbil reminds me of how my sister Cathie was into rodents when she was young. She had this mouse that you could put in your pocket. The mouse would wash itself in the pocket and then curl up and go to sleep there.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#127819 - 08/13/06 09:46 AM Re: pet
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Awwwh,

this is the best story I have read for a long time.

I hope you have a good time with your new pet, yes, you will,

ste

#127820 - 08/13/06 03:01 PM Re: pet
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast
Visha,
Поздравляю! It is such a good thing to have a pet. I am glad you have this one. It seems that she has brought you some joy. I am happy for you.

Dale

#127821 - 08/18/06 01:27 AM Re: pet
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

It is crazy. Still, I have some fear. I fear to go asleep, I will wake up and she will be dead. It should not be so much importence, should it? But to take her out, to hold her and let her to play, it do calm me sometime as I need it. Thank you all who supoort, it is silly small thing I know.

#127822 - 08/18/06 01:30 AM Re: pet
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Visha,

Not silly at all. Many, Many people have pets large and small, and they love them dearly. I had a small dog when I was a child and when things were bad I'd go in my room and just hold her and weep. It was so comforting. Adults get just as attached and just as concerned as their pets as children do, perhapse even more so.

Enjoy your gerbil/hamster and rest easy. It's perfectly normal to love and worry about the little critters.

Lots of love,

John

#127823 - 08/18/06 12:47 PM Re: pet
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
visha - my birds saved my life - when i came here my fear got very big - and bigger for being alone-
i was so afraid of loosing them - you know?

even though i was talking to you and others- they were and are very special 'girls.'

it's ok -

(((big hugs)))

i think she knows you care - i think animals really 'sense' us though not intellectually with words like we do each other - but they like the attention and the good treatment - appreciate it big time.

m

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#127824 - 08/18/06 02:55 PM Re: pet
TX_Space Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Visha--
What a GREAT post. It does make you feel good to have pets. My kids and I have pet rats. They're the best things...just like a little puppy when you come home. They are at their cage door waiting to be held. I think a place to post pet pics would be GREAT! \:\)

Thanks for helping to kick off a GOOD weekend.
tx_space.

#127825 - 08/19/06 03:54 PM Re: pet
Lady Rock Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Visha, I'm happy to hear that you have opened your heart to a pet! My pets, usually dogs, have been with me through the best and worst of times. Many tears have been absorbed by their wonderful doggy fur......*smile* Great idea, TX Space, to post pet pics on the site!!!!!

#127826 - 08/19/06 08:25 PM Re: pet
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Cath,

I know what you mean, especially since you have one of the greatest all-time scotties ... MINK!!!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#127827 - 08/20/06 06:14 PM Re: pet
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Cathie, TX,

There is a thread called "Real Animals" on the members side that is quite active lately. There are pictures of our pets there including Visha's Gerbil and other assorted critters, mostly dogs.

Larry steadfastly refuses to include a picture of Bruno. I'm beginning to thing this is a ficticious dog. Come to think of it, he does do super-canine antics like rip up fenceposts and carry them around. Hmmmm...

Lots of skepticism,

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.