Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (Bluedogone, TJ jeff, PhoenixRising, 2 invisible), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441294 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#127804 - 06/28/04 05:13 PM It's all about sole
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
This is like trying to explain color to a blind man, but seeing as I'm too cheap to subscribe to an internet comic strip service so I can't link you all, I shall give it a go.

One of the funniest new comic strips to come about in a long time is "Pearls Before Swine," a funny-animal strip as seen through the "South Park" filter. It features a cynical Rat, a lovable but dim Pig, and a strange assortment of guest characters. One of which is Satan. I kid you not.

Seems that Satan is an old college buddy of Rat, and is staying with him for the week while his home is being renovated ("It looks like Hell"). During the week, Rat and Satan go to a seafood resturant for dinner.

The waiter asks, "What'll you have?"

Rat: "I'll have the broiled scallops."

Satan: "And I'll have your sole."

Waiter: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" (Runs away screaming)

Rat (to Satan): "You may want to rethink your order."

:rolleyes: \:D

Okay, you had to be there, but it WAS pretty damn funny.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#127805 - 06/28/04 05:32 PM Re: It's all about sole
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

\:D

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#127806 - 06/30/04 06:13 PM Re: It's all about sole
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

The other day, I went into my sister's kitchen and saw that she had inadventently (sp?) left out some fairly expensive white-fleshed fish on the counter. Knowing how pricey it was, and how she and her husband loved good fish, I took it upon myself to wrap it in cellophane and put it in the freezer.

She walked in and saw I was up to something. She asked, "what're you doing?"

"Why," I responded, "I'm trying to save your sole."

Now, THAT was bad! (Not to mention......fishy)

Peace and love,

Scot

#127807 - 06/30/04 06:55 PM Re: It's all about sole
joseph7 Offline

\:\)

#127808 - 06/30/04 07:00 PM Re: It's all about sole
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
And then there was the lady who went into the fish monger's shop to get some filet of sole for her dinner. He didn't have any in the display case so went to the back to look for some. Another customer comes in and inquires "Where's the fish monger?"

"He's doing some sole searching."

Bada bing!

Man, it's getting worse, isn't it?

#127809 - 06/30/04 08:46 PM Re: It's all about sole
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

eddie,
yes \:D and i am trying so hard to not make it more so \:\) . keep this up, though, and i will have no choice but to bring out the sheep joke herd ;\)

remember, you all have been warned...

\:D

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#127810 - 07/01/04 01:28 PM Re: It's all about sole
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

More related to the hominym that started this evil exchange, but I was remembering something that George Carlin once talked about when he was discussing Catholicism. I'm a (fairly bad) Catholic, so I saw his rationale.

According to Carlin, he's always been suspicious about the Catholics because they were after his soul. "That's all we want," his priest used to intone, "your immortal soul."

"Now I HEARD about my soul. Most people hear about 'soul' long before they hear about 'Catholic.' And it's always about saving it. 'Save your soul. SAVE YOUR SOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUULLLLLL!'

"And the Catholics were AFTER mine!

"So I say, 'screw you, man. I'm KEEPING my soul!' I figure I'll polish it up and show it off on the weekends."

Okay, not as funny, but it sums up most of my initial suspicions of the Catholic church. I'd much rather worship Neptune anyway because he is, after all, the King of the Sea and, as such, he's all about sole.

Badum-bump! TIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!! (cymble rim-shot)

(I hear you and no it DIDN'T suck!)

Peace and love,

Scot

#127811 - 07/21/04 04:07 PM Re: It's all about sole
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Are we the Sole Survivors? \:\) \:\) \:\)

#127812 - 07/21/04 06:25 PM Re: It's all about sole
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
llllllllloooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg deeeeeeeeeeeeppppp mmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!

I guess a good pun is it's own re-word.

Argh,
Bill

#127813 - 07/21/04 06:47 PM Re: It's all about sole
lost_in_thought Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.