If you have ever tried to give a cat a pill you know how difficult it is.
The following instructions are fool proof!
1. Pick up the cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if
holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's
mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand.
As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from under chair. Cradle cat in left
arm and repeat process.
3. Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.
4. Take a new pill from foil wrap. Cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws
tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with
right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call
spouse in from garden.
6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between the knees. Holding front
and rear paws, ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat's
head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill
down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make a
note to buy a new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered
figurines from hearth and set aside for gluing later.
8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with it's head just
visible from beneath spouse's armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw,
force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down straw.
9. Check label to make sure that pill is not harmful to humans. Drink glass
of water to take taste away. Apply band-aid to spouse's forearm and remove
blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10.Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in
cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open
with spoon, flick pill down throat with elastic band
11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold
compress to cheek and check records for last tetanus shot. throw t-shirt
away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12. Call the fire department to retrieve cat from tree across the road.
Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat.
Take last pill from foil wrap.
13. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to
leg of dining room table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from garage. Force
cat's mouth open with small trowel. Push pill into mouth followed} by large
piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour 1/2 pint of water down
throat to wash pill down.
14. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room. Sit quietly while doctor
stitches finger and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Stop
by furniture store on the way home to order a new table.
15. Arrange for vet to make housecall.
Whoever stole the Sun, put it back and we'll drop all the charges!