Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (Greg56, fhorns, Derdlecar), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443150 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#127703 - 06/20/04 04:43 AM Happy Father's Day
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I know it can be a sensitive subject and a less then positive day for some of us here. But it is meant to be celebration of the GOOD fathers. The true protectors. The one's who take their children out to play catch at the park. The one's who hug safely, and read bedtime stories. Who sing sleep songs and tuck in their kids at night. I can think of wonderful examples of fatherhood here, among the people I am most in contact with, and I know there are others.

It is also a day to honor the good men who WOULD be good fathers, but for some reason are not. Men like Bob (The_Dean) who has committed his life to serving God, but has probably helped counsel and safely guide hundreds of boys and men into happy lives.

So to all the fathers, all the 'Fathers', and all the other good men who have just not yet had the opportunity, I wish you Happy Father's Day. You give us all hope that there are wonderful examples of loving male parents in the world today, in spite of what we may personally think we know.

Thank you.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#127704 - 06/20/04 07:41 AM Re: Happy Father's Day
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
*******POSS TRIGGERS**********

Can we hear it also for Grandad's?

Im a step father and as such do not get any "Fathers Day" cards. I have two step daughters who spent their formative years with a typical four member family. Unfortunately my wifes marraige broke down before we met. I recognise and accept my step daughters relationship with their father and am quite happy to be referred to as their step dad.

There is nothing I would like more than to recieve a Fathers Day card but I also know that is not possible and I'm ok with that.

I just wonder what the feeling must be like!

However my step daughters have children of thier own and I am recognised as a bona fide grandfather to those same four children, I'm god father to two and in no way am I a spiritual person but I take my god parent responsabilities very seriously.

I never had and emotional relationship with either of my parents. Just in me accpeting that has made me an better grandfather as I LISTEN to what my grandchildren are actually SAYING only two can talk at present.

To say that they are the most precious things in my life and would willing give up my life for one or all of them, would be an understatement. That may sound extreme but its true nevertheless and it feels right.

Hope this makes sense!

Archnut
"And all that was left was hope"

My Story (Triggers)
http://www.waltonhop.blogspot.com

#127705 - 06/20/04 12:18 PM Re: Happy Father's Day
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Leosha that is beautiful and right on.

My own father may not have done everything right, but he always let us know that he would love us no matter what. He showed us how to be ethical and understanding. He wasn't ashamed to cry in front of us. He taught us how to play baseball and chess. Now he is the best grandfather I have ever seen. My children's eyes light up and they run to him as soon as he walks in the room. He has meant so much to the lives of the people he loves.

And I know that so many of you men out there have children (and grandchildren) that would say the same about you. You men deserve this day.

Thanks,
SAR

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.