Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
7 registered (Greg56, lapchinj, don64, highflight, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63209 Topics
441984 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#127022 - 07/07/04 07:13 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

animated movies? classic disney, all the way. the stuff nowadays is nothing more than 90 minute commercials for all the nonsense sold in relation to it. classic disney told stories, with some marketing, but it was the stories that mattered. okay, off my soap box \:D

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#127023 - 07/08/04 11:07 AM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Theo, if you're going to hate movies because the marketing whores attached everything to them, you may just have to sit out the summer and Christmas/holiday release season.

But at least they weren't so blatent this time around with "Spider-Man 2."

Has anyone else noticed that this whole "product placement" thing is getting out of hand? At first, it was pretty simple and classy: use only a certain type of car, a nanosecond shot of a Coke/Pepsi/whatever vending machine, and so on. NOW, they practically WAVE the product in front of you (the first "Spider-Man" did this with Dr. Frigging Pepper) and make damn sure there are tie-in ads everywhere. Even high-quality magazines like GQ (they did this with Bond/Rolex and MIB/Ray-Ban) runs tie-in ads.

*sigh*

I'm back from my tangent. Hope you enjoyed the return trip.

Oh, yes, borrowed "Topsy Turvy" from the library. Has a limited appeal (anyone here like Gilbert & Sullivan operettas?), but it was a damn funny movie.

Actually, anyone who hasn't done so, check out the classsics section in your video store/on-line rental/library shelves. Either check out an oldie you haven't seen before or one you haven't seen in a while. It can be fun! I just did it with "The Missles of October."

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#127024 - 07/08/04 07:46 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
How about the French film "Delicatessen" by Jeunet & Caro, and starring people we've never heard of.

It's surreal, bizarre, strange and very very funny. Search it out on video or dvd, treat yourselves.

Dave

#127025 - 07/08/04 07:57 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Roland, I knew where that quote came from. Sometime I scare myself.

Scot, Susanna and Andrei went to see Farenheit 911 last week. Susanna despises Michael Moore MORE than George Bush right now (of course, the near fistfight with a lady in the theater didn't improve her mood). Andrei didn't understand the whole thing, but even he, with his limitations on the English language, felt it was very 'slanted'. I fear that many people who go to see it will see it thinking it factual documentary, rather then Michael Moore's bloated opinion and ego.

Bill, I'm with you. I myself would not see it. Not that I engage in the politics of this country. But I am also someone who has seen enough of how what one person says, even if it is recorded, how it can be twisted to look either way. It is just same as statistics. You can find a number to 'prove' anything. It's all quite bullshit.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#127026 - 07/14/04 04:59 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
These are relatively old but I like them very much:
American beauty;
Y tu mama tabien;

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.