Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, pufferfish, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443015 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#126992 - 06/06/04 06:30 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Quote:
Originally posted by crisispoint:
A few more (always with me!)

Lost In Translation - Considering what I do for a living, how could I NOT name this movie? A good study in friendship and culture clashes.
Andrei and I watched this movie together, because I really like Bill Murray (did I list 'stripes' and 'What about Bob?' as favorites? I should have!) I think for us, it WAS 'Lost in translation'. I was looking at him, he's looking at me, like 'What the f&*& is this movie about??' But, as he so succinctly put it, Scarlett Johanssen has a nice ass. So we did watch the whole thing! ;\)

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#126993 - 06/06/04 08:49 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
I don't even know most of the movies and the actors you people are naming. (I know how the original Star Trek pilot "The Cage" became the two part episode "The Menagerie" during the sixties, though!) So perhaps my education is lacking. I guess I should make it a point to learn about Scarlett Johanssen, for instance.

Anyway, I was about to come back to this thread today anyway. I'm home watching over a 4 year old after I stood in line this morning to get 1 adult and 2 child tickets to "Harry Potter and Whatever It Is This Time" for my wife and the older kids to see it tonight.

So, I will now publicly compliment myself for being such a nice Muggle! \:D

Thanks,

Joe

#126994 - 06/06/04 08:55 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Joe,

http://www.fandango.com! No more standing in line! \:\)

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#126995 - 06/06/04 09:15 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
A Walt Disney mini feature "Donald in Mathmagic Land".

It's the best movie of all time.

After that, I have a large list of favorites.

#126996 - 06/06/04 09:29 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Doesn't Donald already live in Flatland? \:D

#126997 - 06/06/04 11:02 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Donald Duck enters Mathmagic land and has a jam session with Pythagorus and learns how math is connected to all music. Then he learns about the mysteries of the pentagram, the secrets of the golden rectangle, how the rectangle has been used in art and architecture, the orbits of the planets, how to play billiards using the diamond system, and all kinds of things about the mysteries of math in the universe.

It's a scaled down version of The Harmony of the Spheres and a couple of other things. lol

#126998 - 06/08/04 10:38 AM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Quote:
the secrets of the golden rectangle
NOW I am truly convinced that Disney is a cult!

#126999 - 06/14/04 05:20 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!

Sorry, I just saw the new Harry Potter. Um, if you haven't read the books yet or seen the movies, (you have to do both) I think you should. Cause after all, we each have our own Lord Voldemort, right?

Just like Harry, we survived!

#127000 - 06/15/04 02:49 AM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Some more.
The Passion of The Christ (I cried before my date)
Aladin
Beauty and THe Beast
Moulin Rouge
SOuth Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (LOve South PArk)
8 Seconds (Seen in hundreds of times and it still makies me cry)
The Lion King
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
Harry Potter films (Love the books, love the movies)
Casey

#127001 - 06/16/04 08:17 PM Re: The Best Movies of All Time (In my opinion!)
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

it's a wonderful life

jesus christ superstar (the one filmed on location)

waterworld

the postman

star trek, the big screen, all of them

all quiet on the western front (the one i saw had the actor that played john boy on the waltons, can't recall the name...richard thomas?)

shawshank redemption

schindler's list (the power in that film...)

the roots saga (if i am ever blessed with another child, i always wanted to reenact that most powerful scene, for me, when kutakinte's father held him up right after his birth and said, "behold, the only thing greater than yourself!" under the night sky)

there are more, and some were repeats, but the top two in my list are the top two movies for me. anything by steve martin (loved "the jerk"!). tom hanks, from "big" onwards (though i will leave out "joe versus the volcano" \:\) ). "the shootist". anything by james stewart. yes, i enjoy the john wayne movies as well. my favorite one there is "the quiet man", definitely not the usual duke film.

okay, that's it for me.

btw, it's not a movie, but the best tv series has to be stargate: sg1.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.