Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (wiresguy1, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441967 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#126939 - 05/10/04 09:06 PM Re: Pet Names
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
We have a menagerie here, with more than a dozen cats, 4 dogs, 4 rabbits, two snakes, and a leopard gecko. The kids and my wife have named all the ones we have here right now, I think.

A short time ago we said goodbye to a cat I named back in 1988. My wife had a habit of rescuing the feral kittens from an abondoned house across the street. We would get them used to people, place an ad, and get them homes. But we always seemed to keep one from each litter. (She also trapped adults and we got them spayed/neutered.)

She brought home two kittens that were not yet weened but their mother was gone or had abandoned them. We fed them kitten milk replacement from a tiny baby bottle. One was loud and obnoxious, so we agreed we would keep the other. Except she did not make it.

The other one survived. He remained loud, when he chose to speak. He was mostly white and grey (like my own hair \:\) ). I named him Cat Chullain as a pun on the name of the Irish Red Branch hero Cú Chullain (The Hound of Cullan).

It's been a couple months already, but I still think I see Cat Chullain out of the corner of my eye from time to time.

Thanks,

Joe

#126940 - 05/12/04 01:51 PM Re: Pet Names
swartzhund Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have two dogs:

A big loveable Chocolate Lab that loves to lay next to people on the floor or lay his head in anyones lap who will give him attention. The other is a Doberman/German Shepherd mutt that loves to run jump chase sticks and growl.

I'm a bit of a fan of blues music so they're names reflect that. The lab is Mojo and the mutt is Memphis.

#126941 - 05/12/04 08:04 PM Re: Pet Names
Thomas Offline

Loc: boise
I don't have any pets right now; the pet deposit in my apartment complex is way too high for my budget currently. I've had lots of cats to share my life in the past. The most special were Rachel, a Persian-Angora mix; Caesar, a full Persian and runt of his litter; Tiger, a Maine coon cat and definitely the most sunny-dispositioned cat I've ever had the joy to meet; and the most recent, a big, all-white, loving British shorthair male named Snowball. What I remember most about all these cats was their complete, unconditional love.

Tom

#126942 - 05/16/04 12:07 PM Re: Pet Names
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
I had a cat named Snuggles, like Don, named after the fabric softner bear. She lived up to the name. Unfortunately she would have nothing to do with my son and made a break for it.

I had a Austrailian Shepard named Pebbles, because she looked like pebbles on a beach. She was a dog I actually liked. Unfortunately she developed distemper and had to be put down. I'd recommend a austrailian shepard as a pet. Good breed.

I had (my ex-wife #1 has him) a Siberian Husky named Rock E. Feller. As a pup, before his tail rolled up, walking away, he looked like a raccoon.

I had several other cats over the years: Mouse, Wilma and her kittens Pebbles and bam-bam (I see a Flintstones theme going on here).

#126943 - 05/20/04 03:35 AM Re: Pet Names
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
My dog is named Lorik. There is a reason. Um. Hm. Well, there IS a reason. oh well.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#126944 - 05/20/04 02:15 PM Re: Pet Names
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
'Cause that's what you call him!

\:D

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.