Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443150 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#126928 - 05/08/04 12:38 PM Pet Names
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
We've had posts about what kind of stuffed animals we have and what their names are.
With Andrei's post of his new kitten \:\) , I wonder What did you name your pet, and why?

#126929 - 05/08/04 12:41 PM Re: Pet Names
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
I will start.

I have a big dumb grey cat. His name is Fagin, after the character in Oliver Twist. The first time I picked him up, he 'picked' my pocket. I thought it was fitting.

Bill

#126930 - 05/08/04 07:45 PM Re: Pet Names
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
My wonderful wife said one Sunday morning, while she was quiting smoking, that she was having "Mothering Instincts" she said we could either have a baby (we already have two adopted children)or go and adopt a new dog. My response was, "I will get my keys".

Rascal was this all-American-Mutt's current name, which we planned on changing. One day with Rascal and his name stuck, Rascal WAS his name and de>

#126931 - 05/08/04 09:05 PM Re: Pet Names
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
I've got my cat that I have had now since 1991. It was a farm cat and a friend of mine picked it out for me. We have been a pair ever since with it going through so much of my healing years with me.

I named it Snuggles after the fabric software and for the reason that she lives up to her name. She will put her paws around my neck and hug me but she has to be right on top of me where ever I am. She does not like it if she can't be sleeping on top of me or on my lap or in my arms.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#126932 - 05/09/04 12:19 AM Re: Pet Names
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
I bought a kitten. I bought it to replace the kitten my Holley gave me, that died while I was at my Aunt Linda's funeral. The tag on the front of the cage said the kitten was a male. It was love at first sight, and I named it Ozzy.
Upon taking 'Ozzy' out of 'his' cage, it was clear he was a female. After I brought her home, I went through about 30 names, before deciding on Emily Louise Elizabeth, Emma for short. Emma is a bit psychotic and does not like me very much, but she is mine and I love her to death.
Casey

#126933 - 05/09/04 11:39 AM Re: Pet Names
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
When I first moved out of my former life, the neighbors said they just found a kitten in the grocery store parking lot completely abandoned. If I weren't able to take it, he would end up at the shelter.

This tiny little thing fit in the palm of my hand and I had to build steps out of toy blocks so he could get in the litter box. He was all white and his tiny little eyes were so yucky from infection that he couldn't open them if I didn't clean them all the time (they were fine two days later with medication)

For about a year this cats name was "Psst psst psst here kitty." No name seemed to fit. Then one day I was watching TV when Penn & Teller were on doing a little skit and they said, "what is a magic show without live animals! Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you Binky the Kitten! And out of a tiny box pops a little white kitten that looks just like mine! To top it off, at the end of the skit they pretended to throw the kitten to the wild, which bolstered the fun story that my kitten was actually the same one.

So, after a year, his name became Binky! But he prefers to answer to "Psst psst psst."

#126934 - 05/09/04 03:05 PM Re: Pet Names
Dan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Seattle, WA
I got my first puppy when I was seven years old and I named him Kenny. He was my main source comfort and he protected me during the numerous episodes of abuse I experienced when I was a child. Then one day he disappeared and I suspected my biological mother's boyfriend (abuser) had something to do with Kenny's disappearance. That was the last pet I ever owned. Kenny was irreplaceable.

It wasn't until 1999 I started to deal with my abusive childhood issues. My experiences at the Pema Osel Retreat allowed me to feel again. Now that I could take care of myself, it was time for me to get another puppy.

In February 2003, I found a red miniature Dachshund with Groucho Marx eyebrows in Raymond, Washington. I named him Siegfried (strong German name) and later I shorten it to "Ziggy". When I got him, he only weighed 2.5 lbs and it was a joy to hear his little barking and watch his first encounters running/slipping on my hardwood floors.

I still remember Kenny, but Ziggy's presence in my life has filled me with his puppy enthusiasm, loyalty and love.

#126935 - 05/10/04 02:21 PM Re: Pet Names
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I name my cat Svredya, which was name of my first girlfriend. It is a good thing.

Andrei

#126937 - 05/10/04 03:19 PM Re: Pet Names
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pet Names, man 'o man have I had pet names.

Did my partner really have to put up with all of that?
Our most recent pet is a male cat, about four years old from the Humane Society. My daughter insisted that I have a cat for my birthday last year.
I have never had a male cat before and with his coloring and manner...most loving, but definately has a "cock of the walk" attitude, and weighing in at 17 pounds...all muscle and fur...he winds up being called...drum roll, please, Senor Mocha Venti.
Well, his color is Mocha, and he is larger than a Grande, hence Venti. And his attitude requires the Senor. We do shorten it to Mocha or Mokey, and we leave out the drum roll, most of the time.

David

#126938 - 05/10/04 08:16 PM Re: Pet Names
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
our last cat was called Tigger - after Tigger in Winnie the Pooh ! \:D

I still miss that damn cat !

Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.