Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (TheBobcatAgain, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64204 Topics
448043 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#126830 - 04/23/04 12:03 AM Re: Need Font advice...
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Uh oh...

I think I found a site where I could buy the font for $21, but now I'm thinking that maybe the site doesn't have the license to sell it?????

Eeeeeeewwwww!!! Too complicated!

I think I'll just have to use my laptop for now if I absolutely MUST have that silly font!

Thanks everybody!!!

#126831 - 04/23/04 01:12 AM Re: Need Font advice...
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

OK. Have been fiddling around with this all night & am now getting a headache...

As far as the licensing issue, I *think* I am in the clear: if, for example, I had a network installed between the 2 computers in my home, I would be able to share the files - especially since I am not using them specifically to gain profit.

But then there's still the techincal problem: I can't copy the font file on the laptop! Maybe there's some trick to it that I don't know about???

My next project will be to see if I can use the "intellimover" I bought when I got rid of my old Gateway (YUK!) & had to transfer the old files & programs to my 2 new Dells (Liddle Angels!!).

But THAT is for another time. Yawn.

I will let you know what happens.

#126832 - 04/23/04 07:40 PM Re: Need Font advice...
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
From the ITC Website:

Quote:
ITCís Standard End User License

Rather than license each typeface by printer, ITC licenses typefaces by computer. ITCís Standard End User License Agreement allows for the installation of any typeface, regardless of format, on up to five (5) computers at one location. ITC typefaces can be printed to any number of printers that are accessed by these five computers, but the typeface may only be permanently downloaded to the hard disk or other non-volatile memory of only one printer. A copy of the complete standard license agreement is displayed during the online ordering process and is included with every font downloaded from our Web site.

You are the End User. Dell is the OEM, and purchased the license for you by proxy. You pay for this in the computer's price.

Copying font files is a little tricky since Win98, as the copy function was removed from the context (right click) menu for font files.

You can use Control-C to copy and Control-V to paste, or use the Copy & Paste commands on the Edit menu in Windows Explorer.

If you give away or sell the system that Bradley came with, you are transferring the license to the recipient if the original copy of the font is still there. You could delete that copy and thereby be declining to re-sell or transfer that license.

#126833 - 04/23/04 09:37 PM Re: Need Font advice...
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you soooooo much!!!

I am feeling "smarter" already!

I actually tried to look at the ITC website, but I wasn't real clear on what I was looking for...

Have you seen the Bradley fonts? I think they're gorgeous.

Thanks again!!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.