Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
4 registered (YYZGIRL, pete1973, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441422 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#126769 - 04/24/04 05:48 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
can someone give the 'tecno-peasants' like myself the SIMPLE guide to posting pictures, and maybe we could use this forum for relaxing and talking about our hobbies.

James has just mentioned model making, and a Survivor friend of mine is a super talented artist and model maker, I'd love to show you all some of his work.
And my creations as well.

Dave

#126770 - 04/24/04 07:03 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

i wish i could tell you, dave. i tried to post a pic of the sunburst orange sedan i mentioned earlier in the thread but could not figure it out. i also threatened to change my avatar to the ford emblem because of the trashing \:\) but decided if i change anything i would be putting my "girl" in the sweetspot \:\) take care, and looking forward to the pic posting explanation. take care, dave.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#126771 - 04/24/04 07:05 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Lloydy, pictures need to be on a web site, not your local computer. Then you link to them.

Otherwise, you need to have a section here on the website where people can upload images. Posting pictures this way eats bandwidth. Uploading takes disk space.

#126772 - 04/24/04 07:56 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Mike - and everyone else.
I might have jumped the gun a bit here, because as Mike points out pictures eat up bandwidth - which we haven't got spare.

There is also the issue of what type of picture we allow. Obviously we can't allow pic's that are sexual in any way, but we do need to take some care about what we post - any ideas ?

Also the Leadership Team are looking into the possibility of another forum or somewhere we can post pictures.

Nice Granny though, and it is the same as we had in the UK.
My friend had a Ghia Coupe version with the 'Fastback' and the 3 litre V6 engine. Nice car ( through gritted teeth \:D \:D )

Dave

#126773 - 04/24/04 09:55 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Dave,

The bandwidth is only an issue if we put the pictures on a site MaleSurvivor pays for. If I post a link to a picture stored on my account at the ISP in Maryland, it's their bandwidth, not MaleSurvivor's. MaleSurvivor only serves up a bit of text that specifies the link. Each user who surfs to that post then fetches the image from the ISP server with their browser.

It's still a good idea to know what kinds of pictures would be allowed.

Thanks,

Joe

#126774 - 04/25/04 01:47 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Yeah, just load your picture into your special hidden identity yahoo or whatever account and post it. I don't think I should post a picture of my toe , wouldn't want to gross anybody out. It is pretty easy to post a picture, I even managed to do it. \:D

and back to theo's original post, I wondered why anybody would want to restore a 1976 Granada (nothing against Granadas, just not a car one would normally think of restoring), but it was explained later on. I had thought of restoring my first car once, a 1975 Ford Elite, a fine car. I saw it on the side of the road one day with a for sale sign in it. A beautiful metalic green, with green vinyl roof and green interior. Such a beautiful wonderful car it was.

Have fun Theo, it is a worthy project.
Bill

#126775 - 04/25/04 04:01 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

bill,
thanks. i do understand the unusual nature of restoring a granada. it was a great car overall for its time, but not one to cause the heart to skip a beat or impress the ladies. i was just spending some time on some ford forums and came across some other 70's cars that did look cool and am starting to develop a wish list that goes beyond the granada \:\) . this was my first car, and i will restore her. for me though, there was something about the classic lines of the 70's fords that i really like. i don't know what it is, and not all of them resonate with me. some just seem to have more class than others, and some have "cool" written all over them in my humble opinion. take care.

- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy

#126776 - 04/25/04 09:52 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Ahhhhhh, my first car, a 1971 MGB convertible. When I got it, it was a mess. It's amazing that I ever got it to run at all. It had all of the normal problems. Valves needed lapping. The insulation on the wiring had dried out and was crumbling off throughout the entire car. The carborators were in pieces in a box (I put them together without even having a diagram to look at). The torn roof. etc. etc. It took me forever to synchronize those carborators by sight, touch, smell, etc. (They wanted a fortune for the tool). I managed to get her together good enough to run for a while. Quick little bugger. With the low center of gravity, the dual shock system, and tall thin tires, it was amazing around corners.
\:\)

#126777 - 04/25/04 12:33 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
theo,

The only lady you need to impress is lady theo, and I think you already did that.

Please don't tell me you are going to restore an AMC Pacer next. Yikes. Maybe a 1973 Pinto? You may get a bang out of it. A Maverick was a nice ride. The '70's Mustangs were a major disappointment as were the Thunderbirds. How about a Lincoln Continental Mark IV? I always wanted a Continental ;\) .

Bill

#126778 - 04/25/04 03:49 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

pinto? ugghhh! the 1970 and 1976 ranchero now....those were cool! i have a couple pics of those models i downloaded, very sharp. unfortunately, lady theo draws the line at rancheros \:\)

mike, i knew you had to have some four wheel iron in your blood \:\) . i recall seeing an mg years ago that was for sale and i thought it was a cool car. it looked way too small, but i still thought it looked cool.

so far, the only 70's series i can convince lady theo on are the granadas...but i'll keep trying ;\)

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.