Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443283 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#126739 - 04/19/04 11:24 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Theo welcome to the money pit of restoration. May all your funds be well spent and the cut and damaged fingers be worth it. \:D

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#126740 - 04/19/04 12:38 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks, mike. looking forward to the pit and the emergency room visits \:\)

just got off the horn with a few shops around the region. no one will touch the frame off work, no one will even touch it if i do the work mysef (strip car to frame, strip old paint and rust, prep for new paint). i don't believe businesses are turning down work! i knew i would be doing the restoration myself, but i thought some businesses would not mind to get my money for work requiring the special tools and waste disposal that i don't have access to! oh well, just means the satisfaction will be that much greater when it is finished, only it will take longer now. take care, all. sorry to turn this into a car forum, but i just wanted to share part of the journey that is good.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#126741 - 04/19/04 12:43 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Theo,

Remember when you were the guy who thought twice about doing something fun for himself, something as simple as buying a magazine?

This is victory for you in more ways than one. Have fun with your girl (and lady theo too ;\) )

SAR

#126742 - 04/19/04 12:44 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

james,
update. just got off the phone with the link you gave and they no longer have the fenders for my car \:\( . thanks for the link, though. take care, james.

- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy

#126743 - 04/19/04 01:30 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Theo,
Called a local yard for you and asked if they had any '76 Granada's and he said they have a couple then asked me what I was looking for so I told him finder's so he looked then asked with or without cornering lights. I have no idea what you are looking for so here is there number 800-422-8675. In the phone book they say "Nationwide Parts Locator" so if they dont have it maybe they can find it for you and they said they will ship. Good luck. Maybe when your done you can post some pic's for us to see \:D .

James

#126744 - 04/19/04 01:58 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

sar,
long memory, sar \:\) . now that you reminded me of it, i do recall that. it is a change. i admit i have not been this excited about a project in a very long time. i have had this car since 93, and the last few years i have ended up towing it wherever we moved to \:D . with the positive lead on the 1980 car, i might have to wait a few to start on the restoration, but that is okay.

james, don't worry, i will post the pics as long as the forum lets me ;\) . might have to start another forum here on the site just for hobbies...hey, that is not a bad idea at all. check out the lt forum for more on this, james. i have an idea.

#126745 - 04/19/04 08:06 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Theo
I hope it's a quicker job than my 4x4 project that's been outside my workshop for about 18 months now, the last 4 virtually untouched :rolleyes:

It's got to the stage where it's nearly finished and maybe a week off work would see it ready for competition, it's getting soooo frustrating.
But finish it I must, because my mate Chris is getting fed up of me smashing the sides of his Range Rover against trees and rocks ! \:D

I did a bit of work on "The Flyer" last weekend and it was wonderful, even lying on my back in the wet welding and getting sparks down my shirt was fun.
There's a great satisfaction in accomplishing something you can stand back and look at. ( nobody would 'admire' this creation ! )

Hobbies are a lifeline for many of us I'm sure, and I know that I abandoned my hobbies for many years and just sat watching shit on TV and drinking beer, but while I was doing that I was also sinking further into my own personal pity-pit.
Healing has allowed me to go back to my various hobbies, and they in turn help my healing by relaxing me and make me think about something else.
They also socialized me again, I went out and joined clubs, met new people and learned that I wasn't 'Billy no mates' any more.

Hobbies are good for us.

Dave
( Still not convinced about Ford's - Found On Road Dead )

;\)

#126746 - 04/19/04 09:23 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Pollyanna Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Orange? "cool" orange? I'd have to see that...although I'm sure it's a very nice...cool...orange... Good luck with your project.

Dave, waaaaiiiiiitttttt a secondddddd....All the Mustangs we've had in our driveway have been Fords! I heard you say you had a Mustang poster on your wall...or was it for the tires? ;\)

Vroom vroom....

Lynn

Anne Lamott

#126747 - 04/19/04 10:11 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

lynn,
that was "cool sunburst orange" \:D biig difference

#126748 - 04/19/04 10:41 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Ah, orange. My favorite color.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.