Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
5 registered (finallyhere, Aptrick, Obi, whiteflag, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443346 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#126729 - 04/17/04 10:08 PM request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

hello everyone,
i am working on restoring my 76 ford granada. i am trying to find websites with salvage info on parts i need but am not having much luck. i have two leads on used engines from carparts.com with 2k and 9k respectively. engine and drivetrain parts are not too difficult. what i really need are body panels (fenders and quarter panels). that is the difficulty i am having. also, if there is anyone with a good deal on a 76 granada or similar, i can either use it as parts for my four door, or work on it as well. a dream i have is pursuing the hobby of restoring these great cars and reselling them to people who would give them proper homes \:\) . at this point though, all i want is to restore my old girl. any help or contacts would be more appreciated than you can realize, unless you savy the draw of men and their cars \:D . take care.

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#126730 - 04/17/04 11:14 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Wow, my grandmother had a granada, it had a 302 in it. It was a little rocket ship. lol. The first thing that went was the fenders. If I see or hear of anything, I'll let you know.

#126731 - 04/17/04 11:55 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks, mike. this car is my "baby" and i have long wanted to put her back into pristine condition. it is a bummer looking for parts that don't seem to exist. have some good leads, as i said, but anything would help. i might even post a few pics with before and after for those that would be interested \:\) . i think the granadas are one of those american cars that everyone knew someone who had one. i have big plans for my "girl", big plans \:D . take care.

- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy

#126732 - 04/18/04 01:35 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
LadyTheo Offline

Loc: ky
"His girl" lol........I've been replaced! :p I am just joking of course, but I couldn't resist posting this \:D .

LadyTheo

#126733 - 04/18/04 03:31 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Theo,
Did a search on this for you and found this web page hope it helps.

http://www.junkyardjones.com/fenders.html

James

#126734 - 04/18/04 06:28 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

james,
thanks! if this is true, then i should be able to get the fenders for a lot less then i thought they would be, even with shipping! i will have to call them monday. thanks again.

#126735 - 04/18/04 04:24 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I can't remember what the US Granada looks like, I just hope it's better than the UK 'Granny' - that was a shed on wheels.

But I'm not a Ford man, had one once - for 3 weeks - and the rust was faster than the car !

Dave \:D

#126736 - 04/18/04 04:43 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Theo how about this website.

http://www.granada-enthusiasts.org/

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#126737 - 04/18/04 06:42 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

dave,
normally, those would be "fightin words" here in ford country, but i will forgive ;\) , besides, i know the factory qc of the 70's was not what it should have been for anything out of detroit. check out this site for what the american granadas are like "http://www.ford.an.pl/granada/".

mike,
thanks for the link, unfortunately, there were two types of granadas that ford made, the american and the european style. this works well for each of the target consumers, but for someone looking to restore the american version, the prospects are rather bleak, but still doable \:\) . thanks for the tip, though. review the site i gave dave for what the american cars looked like. mine is the four door sedan, there are many coupes on the site, most of them with 8 cylinder engines. more power, for sure, but the inline six is the way to go for longevity and it is possible to get some good power from the engine. they did wonders in the australian inline six engines with a different intake set-up. take care, all.

#126738 - 04/19/04 12:30 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

i think i am going to cry, for a good reason though. one of the leads i was looking at worked out. there is a 1980 granada sedan with power everything plus a/c, not to mention the venerable inline 250 engine, with only 41k original miles...documented. she looks to be in pristine shape. the current owner is willing to wait for a month till i can scrape the cash to get this car then he will meet me halfway on a road trip for the delivery. it is a hardtop, just like i prefer them to be, and it is a really cool sunburst orange color \:D . now all i need to do is work something out for my 76 to get her out of the weather and a place to store the parts i will be replacing. then i will be all set. i will have the car i prefer, cool color, a/c, and an engine that can't say stop...i am a happy man. take care, all. btw, i am still looking for sources for the restoration, so please keep em peeled.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.