Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
3 registered (BraveFalcon, I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 58 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
437997 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#126759 - 04/21/04 11:04 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

thumbs up, waaayyy up! ford rules!

that is the cool thing about granadas, one of many for me at any rate. they were not considered muscle cars by any stretch of the imagination, but there have been many that have been tricked out to scream on the track. drop in a 351 windsor on a granada, toss in the right gears for the rear end, and jump back!

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#126760 - 04/22/04 12:18 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
You are right Lynn, I forgot a lot of them. :p

F*$ker Only Runs Downhill
First On Rust Development
Fountain Of Rusted Dents
Fork Over Repair Dough
Fought Off Recall Demands
Fails On Rainy Days
Flipping Over Results in Death
Flipped Over Roadside Disaster
Forced On Reluctant Drivers
Frequent Overhaul, Rapid Deterioration
Frequent Opinion: Really Disappointed
Fumes and Odors Readily Detectable
Funny Old Rattling Dump
Forfiets On Race Day
Factory Ordered Road Disaster
Four Old Rusty Doors
Found On Railroad Deserted
Fat Old Rusted Dog
Forget Out Running Datsuns
F*$king Over Rated Disaster
First On Recall Day
For Old Retired Dudes
Ford Owners Risk Death
Familiar Old Roadside Disaster

:p \:D \:D \:D \:D :p

theo, what parts are you still looking for?

#126761 - 04/22/04 02:02 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Well, being a Ford fan myself. I see that since people can't beat a Ford, they have to try to knock it down to the level of the other cars. Try to get it to me more of a level playing field - ain't going to happen. Ford Rules.

Bill

#126762 - 04/22/04 04:56 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

jeez mike,
you just don't let it go, do you \:\) ...well, i did say don't trash my granada, and you haven't told me your ride so i can't creatively respond. therefore, i guess the only thing left to do is answer your question \:\)

i have an excelent line on a parts car, a 78 ESS. don't recall if i said that already. it has everything but the fenders (l&r) and the bumperasseblies from the front and back. it is also missing the tailight lenses and housing. i believe he is also keeping the front grill panel, if i understand the term he used for it. everything else is in it. all the interior (seating, carpet, dashpad, instrument cluster,etc). the engine and other mechanicals are still going to be there as well. mainly, i just need to find the fenders to replace. i think i might have to wait somewhat for the resto work, unless i can pull something off with the local voc school. fenders and bumpers. if i have to, i can use some parts temporarily on the 78 till i can arrange to do the restoration work. more than you asked for, mike, but i can rattle on about this for quite awhile \:\) . i will let you go for now before i get into the details...and you're welcome ;\) .

bill,
agreed, my friend! someday, grasshopper, the world will know the power of blue \:D

i might have to add to my signature, or change the avatar to the ford badge...naahhh, i'll put up a pic of my granada for the avatar \:\)

- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy

#126763 - 04/22/04 09:24 AM Re: request for a favor over a car project
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
\:\) If it's got more than two wheels it's a waste of metal. (no, I'm not talking about a FORD up on blocks either) \:\)

theo, I can call a local guy that I know who owns a junkyard.

#126764 - 04/22/04 09:27 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
My wheels
1986 Toyota Landcruiser LJ 70 - not available in US.
2.4 Litre turbo diesel, coil sprung shed on wheels.
No straight body panels, lots of primer and rust. Brakes on three wheels. 3 inch lift and cheap re-tread mud tyres.

Wifes wheels.
2003 Subaru Legacy 4wd. Only allowed out to play in this under supervision - hers !
Nice car though, very fast and grippy.

My competition motor ( work in progress )
Two Suzuki Samuri chassis front halves welded together. ( it's a long explanation :rolleyes: )
Subaru Brat engine. Daihatsu Rocky tranny. Range Rover axles and springs. 2inch tube roll cage. Flat ally sheet bodywork. No frills - just spills.
Independent rear brakes ( fiddles ) Welded differential on front. ( cheapskate )

Dave \:D

#126765 - 04/23/04 05:32 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

i just came back from sitting in my 76 and wondering if i will ever be able to finish, hell, even to start on her. do you guys know what its like to sit in the midst of yet another shattered dream? sorry, of course you do. i just see her slipping away every day, little by little. this was my first car. not many have that chance to really restore their first car. i sat in her and fought the urge to cry. i went over again for the upteenth time in the last few days and felt a little better in terms of her potential condition. it is not about my car, i know that. i see the car as part of myself, the part i want to rebuild. it felt good to imagine one day cruising the road with her again...will it only be imagination? i don't know anymore, i just don't.

#126766 - 04/23/04 07:03 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Theo
Your first car ! it's got to be done man !
That's so cool that you still have it. The memories a first car has within it are wonderful, and I've been reminded of that just this week when my best friends younges son passed his drivers test and took off in his VW Polo, with the stereo going at a million decibels, in search of girls.

I had a Mini at 17yo, full of rust and burning oil faster than Texas could pump the stuff. But some go-faster stripes and a big bore muffler I was the king of the road.
Until I crashed it, but I straightened it out and learned a lot. ( mainly panel beating skills )
Happy days.

Get the spanners out Theo.

Dave \:D

#126767 - 04/23/04 07:48 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

dave,
thanks! lady theo got me off my duff and we went to to wally world where she forced me to get some stuff for my girl ;\) . i will be spending some quality time with her this weekend, and lady theo will be pitching in...when i let her \:D . it still hurts, but this way i am doing something now and trying to stay in the moment. lady theo is the best. not many women would accept the dual passion of a man's love for her and his car. someday, regardless, the girl will cruise again.

#126768 - 04/23/04 09:19 PM Re: request for a favor over a car project
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Theo,
I agree with Dave.....finish her \:D how cool will it be the first time you get to take Lady Theo in a ride in your all new pretty girl. ;\) . And I think Lady Theo understands all to well......She's your Lady and the car is your "Girl" different kind of love, just ask her.
((((((((((hugs)))))))))......I have to say that you posting this thread has helped me deside it's time for me pick up an old hobby of mine....building model's (plactic not super ;\) ). So thanks Theo..........keep up updated on your girl.

James

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.