Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63122 Topics
441411 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#126719 - 04/15/04 09:23 PM Today was a bit taxing
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Happy April 15th. \:D

Hope all you U.S. citizens got your taxes in on time. Mine went in the mail (and the check ) today.

#126720 - 04/15/04 10:04 PM Re: Today was a bit taxing
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Bill,

For me the real pain came last night, trying to get all the right paperwork together. Then I read some estimate of the time to do things, "52 minutes" for filling out forms or something ridiculous like that.

At least this time I didn't bite anyone's head off just because it was tax time. I'm becoming almost human these days. \:\)

Thanks,

Joe

#126721 - 04/16/04 08:45 AM Re: Today was a bit taxing
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
done four weeks ago.
Go to my CPA, hand him the stuff, done in 15 min. HA! :p

#126722 - 04/16/04 01:52 PM Re: Today was a bit taxing
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Joe,

I know what you mean about "almost human." Tax time was frustrating for me because it was always a time of, measuring, for me. It always reminded me of how poorly I was doing, how I didn't measure up to the rest of the world. Kinda like my birthdays were...you know, "another year and still in this shit."

Ranata said that she has noticed some change in me, that I have settled down some. Geez, do you think so?

Donald, the therapist, talks of serenity. What the hell is that? I wouldn’t have believed him except for the night that I joined his group. There was this guy there who was leaving on a long vacation and he said that he would only be stopping in once or twice to say good by when he got back; he was “graduating,” he said. This guy actually looked relaxed…ya, maybe even, serene.

I gotta get me some of that.

So, maybe tax time for me in the next couple of years will be less and less stressful. Congrats to you for gaining some peace in your life.

Blessings,

David

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.