Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (Nothing Man, susie, JW1230, outis), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447960 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#126547 - 06/12/06 04:00 AM quotation
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
It is good to love as many things as one can, for therein lies true strength, and those who love much, do much and accomplish much, and whatever is done with love is done well.
--Vincent van Gogh

- Mel Brooks

#126549 - 06/13/06 02:46 AM Re: quotation
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Nobby,

That one is a definite "add" to my collection.

Lots of love,

John

#126550 - 06/13/06 06:38 PM Re: quotation
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

"Facts are mere accessories to the truth, and we do not invite to our hearth the guest who can only remind us that on such a day we suffered calamity. Still less welcome is he who would make a Roman holiday of our misfortunes. Exaggeration of what was monstrous is quickly recognised as a sign of egotism, and that contrarious symptom of the same disease which pretends that what is accepted as monstrous was really little more than normal is equally unwelcome."

Max Plowman from Subaltern on the Somme

- Mel Brooks

#126551 - 06/24/06 04:40 AM Re: quotation
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

"One night a man came to our house and told me, "there is a family with eight children. They have not eaten for days." I took some food with me and went.
When I came to that family, I saw the faces of those little children disfigured by hunger. There was no sorrow or sadness in their faces, just deep pain of hunger. I gave the rice to the mother. She divided the rice in two, and went out, carryiing half the rice. when she came back I asked her, "Where did you go?"

She gave me this simple answer, "To my neighbors; they are hungry also!" I was not surprised that she gave -- poor people are really very generous. I was surprised she knew they were hungry. As a rule, when we are suffering, we are so focused on ourselves, we have no time for others."

Mother Teresa

- Mel Brooks

#126552 - 06/24/06 09:58 PM Re: quotation
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Nobby,

All great points to ponder. Thanks for sharing them.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#126553 - 06/25/06 03:26 PM Re: quotation
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

“Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it”

Jean-Paul II

- Mel Brooks

#126554 - 06/26/06 01:43 AM Re: quotation
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Nobby, that is an interesting one. Care to elaborate with a sentence or two?

Lots of love,

John

#126555 - 06/26/06 03:32 AM Re: quotation
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

I wish I could, but Karol has died and I don't think he ever elaborated on his quote. However, if stupidity is a gift from God, then I am definitely showing him my gratitude because I have been using his gift every day.

- Mel Brooks

#126556 - 06/26/06 04:04 AM Re: quotation
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

"I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center."

Kurt Vonnegut

- Mel Brooks

#126557 - 06/26/06 04:56 AM Re: quotation
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
if stupidity is a gift from God, then I am definitely showing him my gratitude because I have been using his gift every day
I hear you, my intelligent friend! I laughed myself silly over that comment. I can identify!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.