Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (I Want 2 Thrive), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#126492 - 03/26/04 06:51 AM Re: Ignorance!!!!! That is the biggest thing that we are all fighting here!!!!!
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Is it only education that will help this? I am just curious, as it seems that we DO educate, even force educate, people of things, and yet, they still happen. How much education has been given to society regarding the prevention of AIDS? And yet, people still are getting the illness, and dying from it. Education about civil rights will not change minds of the racist people. I know that to raise the issue again and again, and to educate, is part of it. But how is it possible to force the right people to listen? (Those in a position of authority who can make changes?)

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#126493 - 03/26/04 09:48 AM Re: Ignorance!!!!! That is the biggest thing that we are all fighting here!!!!!
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Mike,
You have some good idea's on ways to help. Seems like this is something you have put a lot of thought into. I would like to talk with you about joining the "Leadership Team" here on MS. Some of the idea's you have are things we have in the "works". If you would like more info about this please PM me.

James

#126494 - 03/26/04 08:49 PM Re: Ignorance!!!!! That is the biggest thing that we are all fighting here!!!!!
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Quote:
But how is it possible to force the right people to listen? (Those in a position of authority who can make changes?)
By doing large scale demonstrations like I have mentioned and making them make changes. Plus change or add laws if needed. It won't happen overnight. There will always be exceptions. As far as racism is concerned, haven't we atually come a long way from where we were? There is still a lot of work that needs to be done there too. It all takes time. It all takes making your voice being heard by the people who have the power to make those changes. Together, we have the power to make them listen. If we don't do it, who will?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.