Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
9 registered (pufferfish, Dave PNW, lapchinj, 5 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63407 Topics
443321 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#126425 - 03/17/04 05:50 PM I want to undo my tragic mistake...
LupinIII Offline

...it has been 8 years since a younger Andrew freaked out (thank you f-ed up parents) and left college with ONE FRIGGIN CREDIT TO GO!!!

For years I have lived with the shame and regret of this and lately something new has risen....a new feeling..one of wanting to go back. I want to go back to school so i can work towards a psychology degree..I want to go after my passion for helping people through therapy...however with two kids and a stay at home wife it is challenging to say the least..

However..I want to put it out there for the universe to see and hope that something good happnes....

YOU LISTENING UNIVERSE? I WANT TO GO BACK....

#126426 - 03/20/04 05:20 PM Re: I want to undo my tragic mistake...
MikeNY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I jumped straight back into school after being out for ten years. It's one of the best things that I have done. I highly recommend one or two night classes to start. I never stopped reading or learning in between. Plus, I don't have children, and I had other types of training and school that I had recently done before jumping in. Most of the adults that are returning to school at my school are only doing it a little at a time. A class or two. Get your feet wet first, then jump right in if you want to. Like any major decision, it should include your entire family and be taken seriously.

All of that aside.

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not scary at all. It is a great environment full of good and supportive people who are there for the same reasons that you are (and a few kids who don't care, but the majority are people like you).

#126427 - 03/20/04 08:13 PM Re: I want to undo my tragic mistake...
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Hey LupinIII - I know it sure feels GREAT!! when you find your direction in life! Psychology - what a fascinating and totally interesting field!!! Go for it, Brother!! Step by step and inch by inch...you'll get there. Is it time for another WhooFriggityHoo? I think so!!

Howard

#126428 - 03/26/04 07:45 AM Re: I want to undo my tragic mistake...
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Congratulations Lupin, for making that choice, and good luck with your finishing school. I wish you well.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#126429 - 03/26/04 09:47 AM Re: I want to undo my tragic mistake...
coolcat Offline

Loc: Winnipeg MB Canada
Go For It. You are never to old to go back to school.

Take back what has been taking from you.

#126430 - 04/04/04 10:00 PM Re: I want to undo my tragic mistake...
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Lupin

I went college for the first time at age 35. I finished my bachelor's by the time I was 47. I went sporadically while raising my 3 kids in a broken home. When the last two got into high school I went back full time and worked full time.

Now, I relocated to Minnesota 3 years ago and have a great job and I am working on my Master's and a certificate in vocal pedagogy. 26 credits so far with another 15 to go. The undergrad I financed with loans, but my Master's is being paid for right out of my pocket.

It is not easy, but keep the vision in your sight and it will happen with little effort. The universe holds a special place for us who were aborted postpartum.

Ron

#126431 - 04/05/04 06:31 PM Re: I want to undo my tragic mistake...
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Lupin
I'm 51yo, and training to become a counsellor while still employed as a maintainence fitter repairing sewage treatment machinery. Not a bad difference eh ?

It's a lot of hard work and late nights, and discipline - I should be doing my homework right now

But it's a great feeling to begin using my brain again. \:D

Dave

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.