Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
7 registered (Obi, bluesky, 5 invisible), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442065 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#126388 - 03/13/04 04:01 PM Re: i need some advice...
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
hey guys,

OMG, you guys are the coolest ive met ever,your words have all touched my heart and have helped me along the way so much,when i come on here and read the all the replys to my post it recharges my courage to help this boy,i know i will have a tough time ahead but i also know i have you guys to turn to when im down and that means so much to me it cant described with words,

and dave your post really made me smile, it brought tears to my eyes to see someone type such kind words about me, thank you friend..

thank you to all of you,i wish i could hug each and every one of you.

Go raibh míle maith agaibh as bhur gcúnamh!
Go mba seacht bhfearr a bheas tú bliain ó inniu!

#126389 - 03/13/04 04:21 PM Re: i need some advice...
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Boy, did I misread your intentions! \:D

But, since you have the desire and the strength, you have a chance to do something powerful and I'm proud of you.

You are a voice, boyo. You're giving this child a chance to let HIS voice be heard.

A great thing. A good thing. And a noble thing.

I'm proud of you and I hope you let us know how things go. And if they don't go, legally or otherwise, the way you want, just remember, HIS story is out there now. No matter what, the abusers have no place to hide anymore.

Peace and love, Irish. I'm proud to know you.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#126390 - 03/15/04 09:05 PM Re: i need some advice...
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
hey guys,

well today was the first day workin with the boy,
i was so nervous this morning when i woke up i felt sick i was so worried,

the interveiw took place in the boys home so as to make him a bit more comfortable,i spoke with the socail worker and asked if we could speak with boy for a few mins before the interveiw started there were a few reasons for me askin 1. was so i could see how he signed and make sure i could understand him 2. was so i could indroduce myself and make sure he was comfortable about signin to me.

it was the weirdest feelin when i sat down with him,but i felt a bit better havin the Socail Worker there so as he had someone he knew there ,the look on his face was so innocent and empty of feeling if ya know what i mean. at first he was very hesitant to sign to me he would answer with "yes" or "no" or "i dont know".... i asked the SW if me tellin him about my past would help and she said it could be worth a try,i felt that if he could connect with me he wouldnt feel so alone and wouldnt be so scared of talkin about his SA,i told him breifly about my own SA and that he should never be afraid to tell someone,i told him it wasnt his fault,and that notin bad would happen to him for tellin,and i reassured him as much as i could before we had to start the interveiw....i cant speak about the interveiw for obvious reasons,but i can say it was hard to hear what he said but it also made me happy to see him speak out...

thats all for now guys, ill keep you posted

Slán go fóill!

#126391 - 03/16/04 08:12 AM Re: i need some advice...
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Great work, truely something to be proud of.

Bill

#126392 - 03/20/04 02:24 AM Re: i need some advice...
subdeacon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Great news! When I first made the decision to start recovery and find a therapist, I got called to Jury Duty. Alsthough the case idd not involve SA it was a physical abuse case. I got picked for the jury and we were able to convict the perp. It was a 4 hour deliberation and two of us stuck to our guns. I feel like it was one of the best things I've ever done. I hope you come away from this experience with the same feeling!

"By way of trials and sufferings we must purify the divine image in us...for it is by reforging our senses in the furnace of our trials that we free them from defilement and assume our royal dignity. --Abba Philimon

#126393 - 03/26/04 07:52 AM Re: i need some advice...
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I hope that you are able to get out of it. If it is something that would trigger you and be difficult for you, you need to think of yourself first right now. Think of it, this child, they will get a translator for him. It does not have to be you. You need to be safe for yourself.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.