Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
1 registered (md4e), 29 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63172 Topics
441743 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#126322 - 02/29/04 01:19 PM What new movies are you excited about?
LupinIII Offline

I am really pumped for the season. I will take the kids to see Scooby Doo 2 in March and then make some free time to see Hellboy April 2. I am really excited about the Harry Potter and Spiderman sequels.

However the movie I am most excited about is Shrek 2. I LOVED Shrek (still do) and canno wait to see sequel. Shrek did everything right and even after seeing it a million times (small kids go through DVD stages) I still laugh.

I am also looking forward to Aliens vs Predator. I love sci-fi and this movie has potential.

Next year will be better as we see my beloved Batman (hey Batman and Hulkamania got me through childhood) return to the big screen.

#126323 - 02/29/04 08:13 PM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
A comic book geek film fan! Same here!

"Blade" reminded me that the genre COULD be done brilliantly (I had forgotten after that travesty known as "Batman & Robin."). Loved "Spiderman" and the "X-Men" films, and looking forward to more.

Now, onto the critically-pleasing films.

Loved "Lost in Translation," and am hoping that Bill Murray gets the Best Actor nod. This is "Return of the King"'s year, as is for director Peter Jackson. Actually, it's pretty hard to pick winners, since there were a LOT of strong contenders. I regret the stuff that's happened to me in my life that kept me from seeing "Mystic River." I enjoy Clint Eastwood, Tim Robbins, and Sean Penn, and feel cheated again for the abuse.

Ah, but "Shrek II." Now THAT'S a keeper!

Oh, by the way, Lupin, I am so looking forward to Disney doing Studio Gibli's "Castle of Cagliostro" right. Who cares if it's over 15 years old. It's STILL a damn fine movie!

This is my Super Bowl. While I can't stay up for the whole awards, I AM planning to go to sleep to it and absorb the results by osmosis! \:D

Peace and love, and GO PETER JACKSON!

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#126324 - 02/29/04 09:16 PM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
LupinIII Offline

I believe that LOTR is the new "Star Wars'...of course the story is a million times better and comparing George Lucas to Peter Jackson is like comparing a ballroom brawler (Lucas) to Ali (Jackson).

#126325 - 02/29/04 11:14 PM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
I thought I read on Slashdot that there would be a Fantastic Four movie coming out soon. I can hardly wait for the next Spidey movie. I really think they did a better job with "modernizing" Spidey while staying true to the spirit of the original than they did with Hulk. I thought they made a mess of Hulk going too far from the feel of the comics.

Thanks,

Joe

#126326 - 03/01/04 09:12 AM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

PLEASE! Let me be the first to say publically what everyone else is refusing to say: Ang Lee is VERY overrated. Taking a sure-fire property like the HULK and running it through the psychobabble wringer is TOO much.

And yet, I still bought a copy of Hulk (used) for my Marvel movie collection. Go figure.

Nice to be right (almost)! \:D LOTR took the awards last night. And again, I regret my issues are keeping me from Mystic RIver. Seems like a well-done movie.

Peace and love,

Scot \:D

#126327 - 03/04/04 09:46 PM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
LupinIII Offline

The Fantastic Four is coming out next year. There will also be a punisher movie next month, a Luke Cage movie next year, the final Blade movie this summer and the movie I will NEVER pay money for: Catwoman.

#126328 - 03/05/04 03:06 PM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Curse my sexually ambiguous leanings, but Halle Berry as Catwoman - yeah, I'm a cheap grab. I'd pay money fot that. :rolleyes:

Now, Hugh Jackman - THERE'S a guy I'd pay money to see. Gotta love them bad boys! \:D

I kinda like "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen," but it was NO WAY like the comic. But I like Sean Connery and the others weren't too bad. I'm actually scared about "Punisher" because of the abomination they've done about it before. Despite picking the right actor for the time, Dolph Lundgren, to play Castle.

And, yes, I will be seeing "Hellboy." Love Ron Perlman. Cheap pop for the bad boys again, I plan to see Jackman in "Van Helsing."

Enough about the popcorn movies. What to see that's "critically pleasing?" I plan on renting "Dummy" and "Willard." I enjoyed Arian Brody in "The Pianist" and I've got a weakness for quirky actors, so Crispan Glover interests me. I also liked the original with Bruce Davison so many years ago. Plus, it's got everyone's favorite real-life drill sergeant, R. Lee Ermey. (Favorite quote - "What the Hell is it gonna take to motivate you anyGoddamnway?!?") \:D

Just my ramblings on film. It's good to get passionate about a different subject here!

Peace and love, and overpriced cinema popcorn for all!

Scot

#126329 - 03/07/04 04:13 AM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Having finally become a Johnny Depp fan after 'Pirates of the Caribbean' (My girlfriend has been a fan for many years), I may go see his that comes out this month. Although it looks to be something scary, and I normally do not go to scary movies. We'll see. Also, I would like to see 'Starsky and Hutch' (I never saw the show), because I am a big fan of Ben Stiller.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#126330 - 03/07/04 04:38 AM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
I saw Hidalgo today, the plot had a few holes in it (like all the Arabs speak English,) but all in all it was a good movie.

#126331 - 03/07/04 06:43 AM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
parttimecop Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by crisispoint:
I'm actually scared about "Punisher" because of the abomination they've done about it before. Despite picking the right actor for the time, Dolph Lundgren, to play Castle.

Scot
The original punisher movie was so bad on so many levels. The new guy actually looks more like MR Castle. Looks like a great popcorn movie to me.

Ang Lee should be horse whipped. Does anybody understand the end of that crapper? I read the book and I barely get it. Not to mention all that split screen crap. He abused the hell out of that effect.

Spidey two should be ok. But you do have to be wary of sequels sometimes.

As far as your marvel collection, do you have the David Hasselhoff masterpiece? How about the cheap Captain America from the 90s? Or for that matter the early eighties version?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.