Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
4 registered (VASurvivor, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63419 Topics
443376 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#126332 - 03/09/04 07:03 PM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Hasslehoff? PLEASE! I have SOME taste, dude! \:D

Him as Nick Fury. Yeah, I'd buy THAT for a dollar! They need to do a new version of him. Hey, since they have him as a younger black man in the Ultimate comics line, how about having Sam Jackson or Laurence Fishbourne play him as a youthfully-prolonged Vietnam-era CIA operative running the latest version of SHIELD? Just a thought.

To paraphrase you, Parttime, the cheap-@$$ Captain America was SO bad on SO many levels (rubber ears outside Cap's cowl?! HELLO!), but I loved the makeup job on the Red Skull. And I kinda liked the '80s TV Cap, cheezy though it was.

Ah, but the Holy Grail of "bad" comic movies has to go to the tag team champions of the world....the Roger Corman produced cheap-@$$ I-need-to-film-SOMETHING-to-hold-onto-the-rights "Fantastic Four" and the aborted (Thank you, GOD!) live-action pilot for the "Justice League." (David Ogden-Steirs in a green bodysuit as the Martian Manhunter. Yep, it wasn't a nightmare!)

By the way, does anyone have a bootleg of the "Star Wars Holiday Special" they made for network television? Apart from the WAY COOL animated short that introduced Boba Fett, and appearences of the major actors from Star Wars (Including a coked-out-of-her-@$$ Carrie Fisher!), it was SO GODDAWFUL (Art Carney as an intergalactic repairman? Bea Arthur as a Cantina Owner?!? Harvey Korman (IN DRAG! AND MAKEUP!) an an alien chentreuse (sp?). So awful, AWFUL! that Lucasfilm has officially tried to disown it and deny its exhistance! Thanks to bootleggers, the proof is out there.

Anyway, I've rambled. Food for (bad!) cinematic thought.

Peace and love,

Scot \:D

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#126333 - 03/10/04 10:07 AM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
As a fan of Toilken I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed all three parts of THE LORD OF THE RINGS.

I saw everything I had too. the depiction of Middle Earth and the Inhabitans were much as I thought.

It is a simple tale of good versus evil but what a picture it paints. I cannot wait to own the CD Set with Directors Cuts.

To some extent it mirrors our struggle. The Evil, the temptation and fear, the breatkthrough and the renewal. Maybe I am seeing more than others but that is how it affected me.

I cannot believe even now how middle earth was brought to life.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#126334 - 03/11/04 06:52 PM Re: What new movies are you excited about?
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
I need something to cheer myself up. Back to movies, especially comedies!

The improtant question of the day: What is the funniest movie of all time?

I made an informal list a while ack, so I'll share a few entries....

1. "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" What's NOT to love about this movie? Silliness, historical accuracy (how do we know that Arthur's boys didn't "gallop" while banging cocnut shells?), and biting social satire ("Oh, King, Eh? Very nice. And how'd you get to be that then? By exploiting the workers! By hanging onto Imperialisitc dogma....!")

2. (TIE) "National Lampoon's Animal House" and "Caddyshack." Screwball humor has NEVER been done better than by these two films!

3. "There's Something About Mary" Silly, sophomoric humor and a sweet little love story at it's heart. A keeper.

4. "Blazing Saddles" Three words - "The Bean Scene." And overall a funny film.

Just a few. After I see how the gay marriage debate went, I'm breaking one of 'em out. A surefire guarentee for the blues. \:D

Peace, love, and laughs.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.