Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
7 registered (Scott1962, randombreeze, petercorbett, Suwanee, Jude, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63224 Topics
442105 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#126287 - 02/29/04 12:03 AM Real controversy
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
OK, it has come to my attention that there actually are people who are (brace yourselves, this is difficult to believe) not Mets fans. \:D (I warned you it would be hard to believe.)

Spring training is underway, and it's that time again when Ya Gotta Believe. I like the direction the Mets are moving (actually, coming from last year the only direction available was up). The vastly improved defense up the middle is going to make a huge difference for this team, and the changes have been made with new, young talent.

But of course, with the stunning revelation that some people are not Mets fans, I thought it would be nice to hear from those who care to comment on the upcoming baseball season. I will go on record now to say that the Mets will be in the hunt for the playoffs into late summer. This year feels more like 1984 than 1986, though. The good news is another season like '86 could be very near.

Thanks,

Joe

#126288 - 02/29/04 03:13 AM Re: Real controversy
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Joe,

Do you want to hear something that is more unbelievable? I'm a Tigers fan.

I guess I am still stuck in the day of Aurelio Rodriguez, Bill Freehan, Ron LaFlore, Willie Horton, Mark "the Bird" Fidrych, and Rusty Staub. Oops, I think I may be dating myself a little. :rolleyes: Oh well, them were some good players. \:D

Bill

#126289 - 02/29/04 10:08 AM Re: Real controversy
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bill,

So I guess 1984 was a real good year for you, eh? I remember predicting that the Padres would beat the Cubs in 3 straight in the NLCS. After they lost the first two and came back to win, I told people, "Hey, I never said the first three. \:D

We can both remember good times watching Rusty Staub. And Mickey Lolich, too, right?

Looks like the Tigers have been serious about moving up, too. I think it's going to be a fun year to follow baseball. But, when isn't it?

Thanks,

Joe

#126290 - 02/29/04 11:03 AM Re: Real controversy
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
Category 13, the delusional (*see NY Mets)

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!

#126291 - 02/29/04 12:45 PM Re: Real controversy
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Uh, I'm a Marlins fan of course (live down here in sunny south FL) and was thrilled to see them beat the odds when everyone said they couldn't do it! Now, the question is - what's in store for this year for the Marlins? I think it is quite amusing that a team with very little payroll compared to many others knocked the socks right off the other teams. Call me biased (which I probably am) but gosh darn, I love watching the Marlins beat the odds!

Now if they can only beat the odds on the baseball stadium issue down here.

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#126292 - 02/29/04 12:55 PM Re: Real controversy
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
Well, until I read your entire post, I did not even know what sport a Met/Mets was.

#126293 - 02/29/04 05:32 PM Re: Real controversy
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
I'me a BlueJay fan. I sure would like to see a repeat of 1991 and 1992.

Ah well I can watch the Raptors continuing to get stomped without Vince Carter.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#126294 - 02/29/04 08:05 PM Re: Real controversy
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
RED SOX FOREVER, BABY! THIS IS THE YEAR!

(Of course, we say that EVERY year! \:D )

Now, on to the important topic.......Oscar!

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#126295 - 02/29/04 11:09 PM Re: Real controversy
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Brian,

What are you, an hour from Fashion Valley in TJ? Give up on the Giants and go with the Padres! \:D

Scot,

My T is from Boston. (She liked the Super Bowl quite a bit, as a matter of fact.) When she started talking to me about DID and alters, I said I could not believe there could be "others" inside me. It just didn't sit well with me. She asked why not and I said, "Well, what if one of them is, uh, um, (tried to think of something horrible), what if one of them is a Yankees fan?"

She laughed and said it would "stretch her therapeutic abilities!" We agreed that it was better for me to work with her now than in 1986, BTW.

Joe

#126296 - 02/29/04 11:26 PM Re: Real controversy
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
You can take the boy out of the bay, but it'll always be home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.