Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (ethereo222, WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63186 Topics
441832 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#126211 - 02/07/04 01:59 AM Need some help
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Guys,
I have a friend who is trying to regester here and cant regester. He is using XP and it tells him this: FYI
Sorry, we were unable to find your age information. It appears that your browser did not send the information to us properly. Please make sure your browser accepts cookies from this UBB. You can not register or log in without cookies.

How do I have him fix it???? Please help...
James

#126212 - 02/07/04 07:52 AM Re: Need some help
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
james- i have windows xp as well and i did not have any problems with registering -

i think i need more info to trouble shoot this -

if the note says " cannot find his age" that sounds like :
a) he is registering as if he were simply loggin in

or
b) there is some kind of malfunction with the site at this time - which has happened for a number of us at times-

or c) i really don't know and maybe someone elses response will be of a lot more help-

but anyone who has ideas - please suggest them

- i think i need more info - on this...thanks

have a great saturday :-)
mark

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#126213 - 02/07/04 04:05 PM Re: Need some help
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Assuming he uses Internet Explorer.

Within Internet Explorer:
Got to Tools (top menu bar) and then select "Internet Options".

When the box appears, click on the "Privacy" tab.

Set the slider bar to Medium (at a minimum). That will allow logging in to the Forums.

(This will work unless he has other privacy software installed. Some Virus protection programs include modules that restrict cookies. Then he would have to set that software to allow cookies from MS.)

If he is unwilling to set the global privacy setting to Medium, then he should be able to set it to Medium for the MaleSurvivor site only.

Let me know if this doesn't work, and I'll try to help.

#126214 - 02/07/04 07:54 PM Re: Need some help
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
James, that is the same dam thing that happened to Andrei when he was trying to register. He and I both tried from different computers, with different browsers, and we got the same message, over and over. Finally, we sent his information to Fred Tolson, and he got him registered. I have no idea how to 'fix' that problem, but it would be nice if it wasn't happening so often. Oh, and we tried from my home computer, which has Windows 98, and my laptop, which is Windows 95. So I don't think it is just XP.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#126215 - 02/08/04 01:07 PM Re: Need some help
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Thanks,
I have emialed him the reply's from this. I hope it works I'll let you know
James

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.