Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
3 registered (BraveFalcon, bluesky, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441316 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#125943 - 01/27/04 02:03 AM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Well on the chat room closing......I want to know WHY!!!!!!!!! Why is it closing? Why didnt the "power's to be" tell us why at the time of the notice? These men are "sopose" to be experts on male abuse issues..then why wouldnt they know we dont like suprises. That we had enough of them in our lives and now this. It was the chat room here that gave me the courage to start my recovery..one of the men I met there is my best friend now. And I have met lots there I call friend. I mean how irresponable to post a closing date with nothing more PEROID END OF STORY. And they tell us as part of the "rules" here to be mindful of the feelings of other's. I really dont think the way they have done this is being very mindful of our feelings about the chat room and us wanting to know why it is closing. So come on board...tell us why...need more money? need a new server? To many using it? Not enough using it? No way to use the transcrits to help you publish more books? Just poor money management on the part of the new board? The new board just not like chat rooms so no one can? None of the above? All of the above? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#125944 - 01/27/04 02:07 AM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

Quote:
Is this the type of arbitrary and arrogant leadership we can expect from Mr. Tolson and this board in the future.
IF IT IS MAYBE WE NEED A NEW BOARD!!!!!!!!!! The 60's had Watergate.....We have Chatgate.....

#125945 - 01/27/04 02:12 AM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

I wonder how long before this gets locked?

#125946 - 01/27/04 02:40 AM Re: Chat room closing...
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

One thing I do know. Without reservation. The leadership of MS has shown a distinct lack of sensitivity. They have also exhibited poor business management. Perhaps they will tell us if there is a mechanism to call for their resignation and the election of a new board ???

Also can the leadership, tell us if anyone on the board has benefited from the research projects conducted using MS members as 'subjects', and has anyone on the directorship received government grants, research grants or similar as a result of their involvement with MS. Also what, if any, fees or expense accounts have been invoiced to MS by the directorship, at anytime in the past 3 years???
Thank you. Andrew

#125947 - 01/27/04 02:46 AM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

You know Andrew you bring up a good point. I have a question what is the Fay Honey Knopp Memorial Award? Why did Fred get it while being on the board?

#125948 - 01/27/04 02:55 AM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

Andrew I think I found the answer to your question. In the by-laws it says
Quote:
Section 7.4. Removal.

Any officer elected or appointed by the Board of Directors may be removed by the Board. In the case of the proposed removal of the President, the president elect shall Chair the Board Meeting.

Should read them. Here's the link....

http://www.malesurvivor.org/About%20Us/bylaws.htm

Missed this one when I was reading the by-laws....

Quote:
Section 5.6 Resignation and Removal.

A Director may resign at any time upon written notice to the Board of Directors. A resignation is effective when the notice is delivered unless the notice specifies a certain date. The pending vacancy may be filled before the effective date, but the successor shall not take office prior to such effective date. A Director may be removed with or without cause by the affirmative vote of two thirds (2/3) of the votes of the Members present and voted, either in person or by proxy at a duly held meeting.

There you go Andrew 2/3's of the voting member's.

#125949 - 01/27/04 03:29 AM Re: Chat room closing...
rolling_is_life Offline

Loc: Olympia, Washington
I think some ppl need to calm down a little bit because your kinda going off on some pretty radical tangents.

"Live fast, die young, leave a great looking corpse" -Ronny Van Zant

#125950 - 01/27/04 03:36 AM Re: Chat room closing...
Em Offline

Loc: North East Ohio
I really hope that the powers that be here find a way to keep the chat room. I'm new here, and just in the early stages of recovery. Already MS has been very helpful and the advice and conversation with the gentlemen here has been important to me. The chat room is important.

It must not be taken away.

#125951 - 01/27/04 07:33 AM Re: Chat room closing...
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Guys,
I've just logged on and seen this topic, and at the moment I know nothing more than you do. But when I get some answers I will give you them.

Until then all I ask is that the discussion be kept as 'decent' as possible. I certainly don't want to close it if it gets personal and angry.

But PLEASE continue to state your views.

And if we can keep the subject in just this topic it will help as well, the people that have an interest will just have to look in one place.

Thanks for your support.

Dave

#125952 - 01/27/04 08:57 AM Re: Chat room closing...
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
This is wrong, just plain wrong.

Tolson and the rest of the bean counters need to be aware that this service saves lives! I haven't been on all that much, but it has saved my life and it could possible cost someone I care very much about theirs. If there's no immediacy, then this person has no way to immediately communicate should he come back.

Once again, I am disappointed in this site. Not the brothers or the sisters, but with the people who make the decisions.

Brothers and sisters, anyone who gave to their emergency fund (and whose initial news pop-ups caused, in my opinion, unnecessary mental stress to some of us with their dire warnings of closing down the site), demand your money back if they go through with this plan. I fully intend to get a refund of my membership dues if they close chat down.

Another betrayal, again by those who I thought were my friends, my family. \:\(

Are you listening, Board, President, Tolson?

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.