Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63241 Topics
442222 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#125983 - 01/27/04 03:37 PM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Im sorry I dont see anything by Richard on the board. Guess I missed it. As for a day or two...please...they knew they were going to close the chat room why not have something ready at the time of the posting it? This men are the best of the best on male sexual abuse issues. If it is going to take a day or two to prepare a statement then why not wait a day or two to on the closing? I mean I'm just an uneducated Okie and dont have a Phd in anything but I would have seen that posting a closes date with nothing more would upset those of us that use the chat room.
James

#125984 - 01/27/04 03:39 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
The response from Richard Gartner is in the Member's Forum, Ask the Board.

I respectfully remind all that may post there, that forum is for questions to the Board and is not for Ranting, no matter how founded it may be. So, please respect the purpose of that board.

MaleSurvivor means too much to me to watch it be torn apart. Please refrain from making a harsh and rash judgement prior to hearing the facts.

With all respect,
Bill

#125985 - 01/27/04 03:40 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

James, Richard's response is in the Ask the Board forum. No doubt posted there so that he could hide his embarrassment for such a feeble answer. Hardly anyone goes there. Andrew

#125986 - 01/27/04 03:41 PM Re: Chat room closing...
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
There is no excuse for this. Regrettably, what they have done IS a betrayal. No explanation, and delaying it until AFTER the chat room is closed is inexcusable.

ACCOUNTABILITY NOW! NOT IN A DAY OR TWO!

Scot Carr

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#125987 - 01/27/04 03:43 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'm totally with you on this one Scot. The board and Fred Tolson in particular have shown a total lack of regard for the membership. Somehow I'm not surprised. Peace, Andrew

#125988 - 01/27/04 03:57 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I see some rants, justified, on the Ask The Board Forum. Please reserve that Forum for Questions for the board. Yes we are angry, but let's show some dequorum. Hopefully, they will soon respond to all the questions asked of them.

Please keep it civil,
Bill

#125989 - 01/27/04 04:07 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Bill, I totally understand your reasons for wanting decorum and civility. However, I don't feel that too much of the responsibility for this escalating situation should be put on the membership. The directorship/board has not been forthcoming and this leads to suspicion and distrust. It has been my experience in life that when an answer cannot be given quickly and honestly, it is usually because there is something to hide. So I ask, what is the board hiding? Andrew

#125990 - 01/27/04 04:21 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Andrew and All,

I am requesting that the Ask The Board Forum remain that. A place to ask the Board questions.

I do believe that President Tolson and the rest of the Board owes its membership and guests an explaination. And that it sould be sooner than later. I have asked them to post something as soon as possible. They no doubt had good reason to close the chat, and I believe that they did labor over that decision. But they HAVE left us dangling here without explaination, that in itself requires explaination.

Until the board responds to us, there is little that we can respond to. I hope that they provide a complete explaination, not just the rationale. An explaination of the reason for not giving a reason with the notice of closing is NEEDED. The reason for the delay in responding to the membership is NEEDED. But until then, what more can be said than that.

Personal attacks on the Board Members will not acheive anything, except poor feelings. Just because our feelings were not, and still are not being, considered; does not mean that we should do the same. Think about that, please. We all have been victimized, and this may well be bringing those feelings out again. But don't take it further than that. Yes, DEMAND an explaination, but do not force one. Let cooler minds prevail.

Bill

#125991 - 01/27/04 04:25 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Very good Bill. And when they close the Discussion Board, perhaps you will believe that they deserve the benefit of the doubt. We have gone from financial crisis to crisis of confidence. Andrew

#125992 - 01/27/04 04:30 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
To err is human. To forgive is also human. God we all did that in our survival. Can we not accept that in others.

I am truly sorry this had been handled the way that it has been by both sides of the issue.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.