Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441758 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#125963 - 01/27/04 01:28 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Bill,
As Harry Truman used to say: "The buck stops here."
Fred Tolson is the boss. Our finances have been amok with cash calls and panic. Now chat is being closed without explanation and process. He is the boss. The buck stops at his desk. He needs to resign. End of story. Peace, Andrew

#125964 - 01/27/04 01:52 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Yes Andrew, the buck stops at Fred Tolson,

My questions here, and in "Ask the Board", still remains:

What is the reason for the closing of the chat room?

More over, Why hasn't the Board posted reason for its closing?

and now, With all this discussion going on, why hasn't President Tolson and the Board replied as of yet?

Patiently (for the time being) awaiting reply,
Bill

#125965 - 01/27/04 01:57 PM Re: Chat room closing...
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Mike, Lloydy, et. al.,

I agree with everyone else here. It's NOT personal to demand accountability from those who, by all appearences, made an arbitrary and unexplained decision that has an impact on many of the brothers and sisters here, both dues-paying and non.

We went through an effort to save this site, and it seems they are trying to disassemble it, bit by bit. I demand, DEMAND! an explanation, otherwise we should demand a refund of dues and monies raised. It appears that is wasn't well spent.

It isn't personal to demand accountability. It's the fair thing for all involved to ask for.

Listening, all you decision-makers? It's called dessent (sp?). The next step is to see if you've breached your contract with the dues-payers. Think you needed money before? Try needing it after we ask for refunds for breach-of-faith.

Fight for your rights!

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#125966 - 01/27/04 01:58 PM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Yes Bill where is the board with the reasons? Fred in Co. which means it's 11am there. Almost half the day gone and nothing from the leadership. No wonder Andrew is calling for him to step down. I'm sure they are aware of this thread and all the questions Im sure they have gotten the email from the mods' who they have kept in the dark about as well. So Where are they?
James

#125967 - 01/27/04 01:59 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
I see your point Gentlemen.

I think that Fred my have inherited the deficit because it did not happen when he was President.

Before we brand anyone I think it is only fair that some explanation be given. I wonder if anyone of us know the true history of MaleSurvivor and where it originated. I did not until about 5 minutes ago and I would really appreciate it if this could be made public knowledge.

So please just bear with it for a bit. The way it was handled was extreme and with little consideration is a given. But I have been guilty of acting in haste without the knowledge of all the facts many times in my life. The biggest one was not seeking the input of another counsellor so many years ago.

We will be aprised of the facts I am sure about that

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#125968 - 01/27/04 02:00 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Gentlemen, this morning I got a legal opinion as to whether there has been a breach of contract to the paying membership of MS as a result of the chatroom service being closed. I have been told there is not a breach of same. The reason given is that there was never a promise about specific services being maintained. What was promised or offered is as follows:
Quote:
Benefits of Membership

Discounts on Conference registration fees.
Member Directory.
Free listing for professional members in our Directory of Therapists & Other Practioners.
Networking opportunities with professionals, including other sexual abuse survivors.
Quarterly Newsletter.
Quick access to timely information for members through this Web site.
The personal satisfaction of knowing that you are part of an extensive effort to support male survivors, educate others, and gain valuable new skills to help in your professional practice.
Membership Information
We do not sell, loan or rent out our membership information to anyone. Please read our privacy statement.
We hope you support what we're doing and want to join us. And if you have the time, we invite you to join a committee or two.
A limited number of no cost "sweat equity" memberships are available to those who are disabled, unemployed or experiencing financial hardship. These no-cost memberships are available in exchange for specific volunteer work with MaleSurvivor and on a limited basis. Contact member services for more information
So it seems that our legal recourse is limited as the chatroom was never specifically mentioned.

However, according to section 5.8 of the bylaws, as a voting member, I can ask for a division of the house, and at that time the board has to tell me how each member voted, and which board members voted to close the chat room and which ones voted no. I also have the right to see the tran>

#125969 - 01/27/04 02:11 PM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

Yes Mike I have read the history. Have you read the bio's on the list of the Board member's? They have enough letter's combined to chock a can of abc soup. You would think with all them degree's that one of them would have said "You know maybe we should tell the guys why we are doing this." I relize that may be a streach after all I dont have any letter's after my name but Jr. I dont have books about dealing with male sexual abuse I've not been quoted in the NY Times or on Dateline. So what do I know..Im just an uneducated Okie....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FOR THE BOARD<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
There has been a request for a divistion of the house and a call to list how each member voted as well as a copy of the tran>

#125970 - 01/27/04 02:18 PM Re: Chat room closing...
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Mike,

I know what you're saying, but those that run this site are supposedly experts on this subject, particularly about betrayal of trust.

Seems they did that, no? And with no explanation besides.

I demand accountability. Who was the "expert" who made this decision, and what was their rationale?

I ain't hiding behind an announcement. I'm putting my name here. They should take a lesson from it.

Scot Carr

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#125971 - 01/27/04 02:20 PM Re: Chat room closing...
James_dup1 Offline

Well now there's a motion and a second for the board to answer to this matter. So now it's the board's turn. Let's see how this new leadership deals with it.
James

#125972 - 01/27/04 02:25 PM Re: Chat room closing...
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
My brothers I beg you to wait to hear something from the Board. It is tearing me apart to see what is going on at this time. We are all here to heal and I am so fearful that this will have an adverse effect on many of us in our healing. I know it has for me and I am questioning my own sense of self worth again. Not at all rational but there it is.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.