Newest Members
Rod2112, Mark71, oic, ocean, alone87
12883 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (54), john50049 (58), Samii (35)
Who's Online
6 registered (iaccus, GT13568, Jay1946, 3 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12883 Members
75 Forums
66669 Topics
465840 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#125920 - 01/25/04 11:24 AM been awhile
guy44 Offline

Loc: southern minnesota
hi all,

its been a number of months since i've visited malesurvivor. had to re-register here, i was guy43 - jer. i'm still jer oddly enough.

been busy/slow/busy/nuts in my new country living life in minnesota since moving here from pennsylvania last fall. my move here has for the most part been a good change. most significant has been shift away from abuse recovery work and therapy, a much needed respite. going on 2.5 yrs sober!!! life is good. been feeling a need to reconnect with fellow survivors, so here i am.

it's good to see some familiar names on the forums and so many new participants. congrats to thedean on becoming a board member (have u shaken things up yet?).

hoping to hear from old and new friends,

#125921 - 01/25/04 11:39 AM Re: been awhile
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Welcome back Jer,

From guy43 to guy 44, hmmm, does that mean next year you will be guy 45? ;\)

Glad to see thing are better in MN. \:\)

Pain is Temporary; Quitting lasts Forever. - Lance Armstrong

#125922 - 01/25/04 07:24 PM Re: been awhile
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
Loc: England Shropshire
Hi Jer, good to hear from you again.

And another year older as well, I'm going backwards now ;\)

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
Henry David Thoreau

#125923 - 01/29/04 08:00 AM Re: been awhile
dwf Offline
Moderator/BoD Emeritus

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
Hello Jer,

Good to hear from you. Congratulations on your 5 years of sobriety! And glad to hear the move has gone successfully. I think of you when I visit the board, so it's great to have such good news of you. Thanks for posting.

"Poke salad Annie, 'gators got you granny
Everybody said it was a shame
'Cause her mama was aworkin' on the chain-gang"

-Tony Joe White

#125924 - 01/29/04 01:16 PM Re: been awhile
outis Offline

Loc: Maryland USA
Wow, Jer, long time no see. Last I heard you were hoping to get to MN in time for maybe a Sunday night dinner. I didn't see you there. Did you make it for any of the conference?

Glad to hear that you're doing well. I hope to hear more from you again. I still have the little story that you, Don, Mikey, and I wrote in a thread last summer saved to a file on my PC.

"Telemachos, your guest is no discredit to you. I wasted no time in stringing the bow, and I did not miss the mark. My strength is yet unbroken…"—The Odyssey, translated by W.H.D. Rouse

#125925 - 01/31/04 12:04 PM Re: been awhile
guy44 Offline

Loc: southern minnesota
hey guys,

thanks so much for your kind words. i'll be boppin around here some, don't know how much i'll post.

good to hear from old friends. i hope things are a-going sokie for you all.

this is from "words of wisdom" - selected quotes from his holiness the dalai lama, on a daily calendar, jan 31, 2004. seems to fit a lot of things...

"my mental state, i think, is quite peaceful, quite calm. if there's some sad news, some heart-breaking news that comes, for a short moment, i am very disturbed, very sad, but then it goes. so like an ocean, the waves come and go, come and go."

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.