Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447957 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#125692 - 04/01/06 05:11 AM Spell Checker
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi,

There is a thread on the members side where a member is asking about a spell checker for the Male Survivor website.

One of the gentlemen suggested that a person interested in spell checking their post should download and install the "Google Toolbar" to their browser.

It has a spell checker specifically for use in web forms such as we use here on this forum. It is very easy to install and even easier to use. When you finish writing your post, you simply click the spell check at the top of your browser window and the spelling errors in your post are highlighted. You can then click on the highlighted word and choose the correct spelling from the options offered. When you are finished spell checking you simply click "Add New Topic" as you usually do.

The Google Toolbar also has all the usual Google features contained therein and the best part is that it's right there at the top of your browser window nice and handy.

Do you think Google should pay me for this advertising? Hmmm....

Anyhow I thought I would share that little piece of info for those of you who may be interested.

Now to start that spellcheck...

Lots of love,

John

#125693 - 04/01/06 07:55 AM Re: Spell Checker
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
John,

Thanks for the tip! Even I could install it and use it, so that means any PC fool can do it!

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#125694 - 04/02/06 03:12 AM Re: Spell Checker
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Guys,

fyi using the google toolbar sends a report of all websites you visit and post to. The toolbar tracks your online activity, so use at your own risk.

Nathan

#125695 - 04/04/06 12:44 AM Re: Spell Checker
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
I simply write out what I want in WordPerfect. When I'm done, I spell check, cut and paste. Every computer has some word processor on it, whether it's WordPefect, Word, Notebook, whatever. The upside is you don't have to put anything out there on the web that could be used to trace you.

ROCK ON.......Trish

#125696 - 04/04/06 01:51 AM Re: Spell Checker
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Nathan,

As far as I know, I have nothing to hide in regards my online activity so I guess my attitude is "so what" (shrug).

I do understand that others could have legitimate concern so I agree that one should use such tools at their own risk.

Point taken and supported.

John

#125697 - 04/04/06 02:45 AM Re: Spell Checker
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
John,

Quote:
As far as I know, I have nothing to hide in regards my online activity so I guess my attitude is "so what" (shrug).
I guess Google already has me then: for my feeding frenzy attitude towards orange jelly-beans and my addiction problems with Warner Brothers cartoons.

As for the rest, let them chase me around the Internet and try to make sense of the crazy places I end up. I would love to see the report on me! \:\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#125698 - 04/04/06 06:04 PM Re: Spell Checker
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
All these toolbars send reports including real player etc.

I use ace explorer instead of internet explorer, it is free and identical to IE, but no bugs because it is open source prog.

You may think you have nothing to hide, but listen to this story!

I was listening to a guy on the radio saying they put a credit stop on him, but he could not find out how. He eventually found out why.

He had won a tidy sum of money, so he went looking for quotes on cars, holidays etc.
They put a credit ban on him through following his tracks, and a top lawyer said there is nothing
he could do about it.

You may think you have nothing to hide, but big brother can find out many things about how you surf the net, and build up a marketing profile.

Google is very clever because, say you go to auto pages, then every time you use their little tool, it shows auto ads, that is how they make revenue.

Nothing access the net unless I allow it to do so.
I had a trojan last week, and it was as much fun as piles, so now I got winpooch to stop them getting anywhere near my puter.

Who let the dogs out!

ste

BTW - Adaware, spybot, clam win, avg antivirus.
Just some of the programs I use to either clean adware or fight trojans, and malware. ;\)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.