Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (WriterKeith, 4 invisible), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63228 Topics
442149 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#125545 - 11/11/03 04:42 PM normal people
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Do normal people sit around and think of how they can get out of their uncomfortableness continually? Some days are good, some days are bad, but do we ever think of anything else?

I'm in pain right now, and I talked only about it lately. I found this Over-Serious Anonymous page, and it was great. God, I need a break. \:\)
Here's the URL if you want to check it out.

http://www.io.com/~rga/saying219.html

#125546 - 11/11/03 09:07 PM Re: normal people
Green Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC, NY
One thing that I am coming to question is what I experience is the same as the average person experiences. I simply don't know anymore.

Green

#125547 - 11/12/03 12:59 AM Re: normal people
Pollyanna Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Could it be partly because guys are natural problem SOLVERS ? If you see something "out of place" whether it's physical, emotional, whatever, then maybe it's a natural thing for you "not to rest" until you put it in it's place, or find the answer, or the right road.

Just a thought from an observant female, who has a husband, 5 natural sons, one adopted, and about 20 who have been part-time sons.

Smiles! \:\) \:\)

Lynn

Anne Lamott

#125548 - 11/13/03 07:11 AM Re: normal people
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pollyana,
I find a mixed bag of feelings in that truth. We, as guys, have to feel involved in our world, and fixing the practicalities of life is a gift of ours. Women deal with much more than I ever gave them credit for, and maybe I'm jealous. Girls can cry, scream, whine, and get pissed off and not be called sissies over it.

It's like I still think I have power over some facts of life, and in reality I don't. WhyMe, you were right on with the "worry time blocks". But...damn, how do I get in that process. I carry around a notepad. I need to write things down more since it's my T's assignment anyway. It's funny too. I'd even ask where you got the idea, but no, I'm too committed with other tasks right now anyway..

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.