Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 15 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446665 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#125537 - 11/11/03 10:37 AM Vetrans and Remembrance Day.
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

To the men and women of Male Survivor.

Just taking a minute or two this morning to Remember.

We have an outstanding Memorial to the brave men and women who served our country during the Viet Nam era. I believe the black granite comes from the same quary as the stone used in DC's wall.

Our memorial has been a touch stone for me because I'm old enough to be one of the soldiers who passed the torch to these men and women represented....I finished my tour of service in January of 1963.

There are five or six groupings of small walls, divided into time periods, that retain the names of those who fell. These groupings are arranged along a spiral path which leads up the side of a bowl of grass, nestled into the hill, with the path ending at the top of the bowl, looking back down into the center where it all began.

There are de>

#125538 - 11/12/03 12:20 PM Re: Vetrans and Remembrance Day.
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
David, thank you, and Freedom, and all others here who have served to protect this country and others. I respect and admire you for what you do.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#125539 - 11/12/03 02:00 PM Re: Vetrans and Remembrance Day.
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
I will never forget, David.

For our U.S. and Canadian veterans, I think you and salute you.

Scot... \:D

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#125540 - 11/12/03 08:34 PM Re: Vetrans and Remembrance Day.
gryffindor Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Charles, Illinois
David,

I'll never forget either. A kid on my street, George Doane, fell too. He was two years older than me so I contented myself with admiring him from afar. He had a motor scooter. I never did see him drive a car.

Mary

"Had I not fallen, I could not have arisen; had I not sat in darkness, I would not have recognized the light." Midrash Tehillim Ch. 22

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.