Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (woodenshoes, Bluedogone, Jim1961, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63432 Topics
443431 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#125507 - 10/31/03 10:39 AM Just is something funny, I think
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Of course, I have not sleept, so what is funny to me right now is really probably stupid to most people, ha ha. But it is something funny about being stupid.

I have a friend, she works as a nurse. She has two theories in life: That the human race is 'genetically stupid', and that 'being stupid should hurt'! (Really, she is really a kind and decent person and great at her job, just has intolerance of people who are 'stupid by choice' as she say).

To prove the first theory, she share this story at me from her work last night.

There is this young patient she gets, he is like my age, and he have strange heart rhythm. Because, what he do: he work as bartender, and was washing out this big blender thing, with wet rag, while blender thing is still plugged in. (No, I do not finish it yet, there is more activity of this person's brain). While still washing with wet rag, while it is still plugged into electric in the wall, he see strange thing on cord. There is wire sticking out of cord. And so, this very brilliant man, with wet rag still in hand and blender thing still plugged in wall, does what most genius people will do: To be sure it is open wire, and that he is not mistaken, he decides to touch it with his other hand. And he does the 'zap' at himself, of course. So, being the compassionate person she is (and since he was not bad hurt, and was already back to 'normal' in his heart), she goes to his room to admit him and says 'So, what brings you here Sparky?' Ha ha ha. (He had sense of humor, and did laugh)

So now, when I sense myself being or doing something stupid, I will remind myself: Don't be a 'Sparky'! ha ha

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#125508 - 10/31/03 11:32 AM Re: Just is something funny, I think
Joey G. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FL
It's always good to find something to laugh about! \:D :p

#125509 - 11/24/03 08:11 AM Re: Just is something funny, I think
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
When I was a kid, I stuck my fingernail into an outlet. (Yeah, I'm stupid.)

I did that once.

Daring to sign off on my stupidity, \:D

Joe

#125510 - 11/24/03 07:13 PM Re: Just is something funny, I think
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Yeah Joe,

I did that with a hair pin. STUPID

I also jumped into the back of a pickup truck that was backing up at a high rate of speed. EXTREMELY STUPID

I'd better shut up while I'm this hole of stupidity.

Rule #1 of holes: When your in a hole, quit digging.

Bill

#125511 - 11/25/03 10:01 AM Re: Just is something funny, I think
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Does jumping off the roof of a house at an early age with an opened umbrella as a parachute qualify in the stupid area. Did learn a lesson though. Never tried it again. \:D

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#125512 - 11/25/03 11:43 AM Re: Just is something funny, I think
PAS Offline

Loc: Canada
When I was 15 and working as a short order cook/dishwasher in a restaurant I once poured an entire bottle of liquid dish soap into a commercial dish-washer (restaurant).

Talk about stupid. Took me hours to clear out the room full of suds.

It was kind of neat though to watch the foam pour out of the edges of the machinery.

Another time some friends of mine and I put a can of baked beans into a campfire. It took about 30 minutes to do anything but eventually the can exploded like a cannon, blew the fire apart (and out) and the only thing we found was the wrapper and one bean. Never found the can. Good thing we were hiding behind an overturned picnic table because the risk of shrapnel injury was pretty huge.

PAS

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.