Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
3 registered (1lifenow, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63354 Topics
442999 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#125124 - 08/18/03 01:36 AM Forest Gump
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
I saw something the other night that I coppied down. I am even thinking that I might use it as my signature here.

What I read was this:

Quote:
Life isn't like a box of chocolates ...... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. WHat you do today might burn your butt tomorrow
I am thinking of sending that all three of my perps anonomously. Just give them a little reminder that I will always be there to haunt them.

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#125125 - 08/18/03 02:12 AM Re: Forest Gump
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Life is like a box of chocolate. I just seem to get a lot of jalapenos covered in chocolate.

Where can you get a box of chocolates filled with jalapenos to send out? \:D

Bill

P.S. I hated that movie. The way Jenni treated Forrest. It just angered me the whole time.

#125126 - 08/18/03 03:46 PM Re: Forest Gump
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
John,

My psychologist had me write "my life story" some time ago. I ended each little "episode" with "and that's all I'm going to write about that."

Bill,

Here's the best I can do on such short notice. (Can you believe that my kids prefer someone else's cooking? \:D )

Ingredients

• 1 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
  • 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons ORTEGA® Diced Jalapeños
  • 3 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 (1 ounce) packets NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Choco Bake Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 3/4 cups sliced almonds

Directions
  • PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. In the top of a double boiler, heat chocolate morsels, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
  • BEAT granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted morsels. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; beat into chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Stir in jalapeños. Pour into two well-greased 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
  • BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
  • BEAT powdered sugar, milk, butter, chocolate flavor, vanilla extract and salt in small mixer bowl until mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost cake. Decorate sides with nuts.

Makes 12 servings. Go to the original at cakerecipe.com if you want to feed a larger crowd.

Mmmmmmmmm, good!

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.