Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (1islandboy, 2 invisible), 52 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441296 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#125058 - 01/12/06 03:48 AM Re: Who's a "normal"
Dewey Offline

Loc: the sunshine state
Hey Walkingsouth John, Since you're the self proclaimed king, [weirdo] could I hit your majesty up for about $250k? I havn't sold my house back in Ill. and this new mortgage is well...... I'll be your jester to pay you back. Oh wait, I did that already once, it didn't work. Never mind, I'll work for it or pray it in or whatever. Dewey

#125059 - 01/12/06 06:51 AM Re: Who's a "normal"
pjn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast United States
your right what is normal? why do we think we are less than anyone else because we are dealing with CSA? I mean if 1-6 boys are abused there are a whole lot of us out there. I am tired of being frightened and sick to my stomach! I want to live like I did in the past. Why am I so obssesed with that happened to me? Why? because I care! I want to live in world that is free of CSA wouldn't it be great if that was "Normal"!!!!!

#125060 - 01/12/06 02:14 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dewey, I'll defer all dispensations from the treasury to the Wizard of Gaboogistan. He's the only one who is able to conjur such things up! ;\)

Me too, pjn. Me too.

Lots of love

John

#125061 - 01/12/06 05:18 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
PJN,

Quote:
I mean if 1-6 boys are abused there are a whole lot of us out there.
It is good to be reminded of that sometimes. We here at MS are a TINY minority of survivors. Many more than us are out there somewhere still feeling alone and carrying guilt that belongs to others.

So back to "wierd" and "normal": We are the wierd ones because somehow we found the courage to step forward and say I will not remain alone and silent any longer. Wierd sounds okay for me.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#125062 - 01/14/06 07:08 AM Re: Who's a "normal"
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

we are normal ,it's the rest of them that are god damn crazy!!

#125063 - 01/31/06 08:33 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Back to this cool thread on being "normal". My daughter and I were discussing this and she said this: "Who cares about 'normal'? Why not just try to be happy? Isn't that 'normal' enough already?"

Interesting thought - and she's 18.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#125064 - 01/31/06 09:52 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
There are more normal people on this site than I have met in real life.

I say that because there is empathy, understanding, sharing of emotions, explanation of dreams etc.,etc.

If myself or you guys are not normal, then who is?
Just listen to a politcian for a half hour, then say they are normal, guess I dont need to be that 'normal',

ste

#125065 - 02/04/06 06:16 AM Re: Who's a "normal"
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Normal is a setting on my washing machine and a few other appliances.

Outside of that, and some specific uses in mathematics, science, and medicine, the word is meaningless.

Even in context, what does it mean? Especially when applied to people or behavior or beliefs.

Does it mean average? Usual? Common? Maybe it means that any other type of people or behavior or belief or culture is not normal? Is AB-normal?

Bah, Humbug.

Normal has too many meanings. It is not only subjective, but varies wildly from time to time, place to place, and culture to culture.

Declaring one type of behavior [or culture or belief] "normal" implies that any other type is "abnormal". I think this is the leading edge of bigotry, discrimination, and tyranny.

We all make judgements, and certainly there is behavior which is aberrant and abhorent, but too many people allow others to define "normal", and they just go along as if it truly applied or meant anything at all, other than to betray a particular opinion, prejudice, or dislike.

That's just my opinion. It sounds pretty normal to me.

#125066 - 02/04/06 05:53 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Don,

Quote:
That's just my opinion. It sounds pretty normal to me.
Love it! \:\)

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#125067 - 03/09/06 07:50 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
Zipser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Connecticut
Hello,

Bringing this back to the top as there's an ongoing thread on the DB.

Zipser

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.