Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
8 registered (AustinChemist, susie, Dave PNW, 3 invisible), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63173 Topics
441753 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#125048 - 12/28/05 11:44 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Zipser,

if you eventually decide that you are normal, then go away, we dont want you \:\)

People who think beyond the norm, won wars, and built the World we live in.

Something to think about ;\)

ste

#125049 - 12/29/05 03:26 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
The Seeker Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Zipser,

Thank yourself too. Your post got us going. Sometimes, I am so busy fixing things and getting through the day, I forget to step back and check my progress. The types of questions you brought up remind me to do that. I can even pat myself on the back sometimes. Once in awhile, I actually feel guilty about saying I am doing okay, like when I see others struggling. But then I remember the days I was really struggling, and I came here and read that somebody else was doing well. I thought, "Hey, maybe I can do that too, or feel that way. I will just give it a try." We need to celebrate our good days, because when we were kids and younger adults they were few and far between. Maybe it's just one day a month, but it could be two next month, etc. It took a long time to get here, so I think (like losing weight which I am not) it will take awhile to get out too. So, let's swim against the tide, and soon the shore will be on the horizon, probably when we least expect it.

So, anyway, THANKS TO YOU!

PS - If you're a teen reading this, my youth and young adult life was hard because I never told anyone and spent my time kicking myself. Don't do that, and you'll get better faster than us older folks.

John

#125050 - 12/29/05 06:31 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I can't tell you how often I look at my kids in total amazement, at how "normal" they are compared to the way I was as a kid-- confident, happy, involved in the world around them--

then one of them comes home from school and says somebody called her "weird." The other one says, proudly, "Well, you are weird. Our whole family is weird, so get used to it."

I love them so much. \:D

#125051 - 12/29/05 07:17 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
My kids' friends come over and they can't believe our house: so "unnormal" \:\) . Total chaos and disorder, dog flops wherever he wants, kids arguing hotly with my wife and me on every subject and calling me Larry or Dad as they like, their friends invited on the spur of the moment for a sleepover and the whole house organizes to make sure its a success, kids participate in decisionmaking, loud rock music whenever, meals at no fixed hour, Christmas tree stays up until the middle of January, birthdays celebrated for a week (mine especially, of course), and so on. But things get done, everyone is safe, loved and respected, and responsibilities are divided out in a way that everyone hates equally.

Guess what? Many of my kids' friends would love to live here, and sometimes they drop around unannounced just to say hi to my wife and me. On more than one occasion we have had one of them for a week or more because their Mom and Dad decided on a vacation that the kid hates and wasn't consulted about. They get the guest room, my talk about pitching in, and then just dive into the nonsense with the rest of us.

Both of my two love the idea that our family is so "wierd".

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#125052 - 12/30/05 05:56 AM Re: Who's a "normal"
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
All of my biological family thinks that they are 'normal' (18+ years of physical/mental abuse and 5 years of sexual abuse) - and if they are normal - then I want nothing to do with that...

P.S. - hey Larry - the world needs more unnormal people like us in it \:\) - I'd of loved to have a "weird" family like that when I was growing up...

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#125053 - 12/31/05 09:26 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

since I came here in late August, I have come to truly love all you weird and unnormal people.

Didn't somebody a while back (before my time) name this place Gaboogistan?

Well.......

In my best Kingly fashion I now dub this place

Gaboogistan, the land of the NEW NORMAL, where love and kindness shall be predominant

Not that I am claiming the role of king, you understand. Just assuming the role in the momentary absense of whomever holds the job currently. \:D I'm sure they will convey upon me their blessings upon their return.

Lots of love,

John

#125054 - 01/01/06 01:54 AM Re: Who's a "normal"
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
If I'm 'normal' then god help the rest of you ! :rolleyes:

Dave

PS.
Larry, that sounds like our house, we should do a swop sometime \:D

#125055 - 01/06/06 04:52 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dave, SAR,

This one is for YOU two!!!! When it happened I immediately thought, hey, I know a place where this one has to be retold.....

"Normal" kid, asking for money to go to a film: "Dad, can I have £x to go to a movie?"

My daughter, same approach to me over the holidays: "Gimme yer lunch money punk!!!"

I just loved it! \:D And guess what she did with the extra money after the film? She got stuff and made sandwiches for her big brother and took them to him at the music shop where he works. She knew from a text message that he had had to work through his lunch break, and she also knew he had a gig that night. So she knew he would have nothing to eat all day and thought to fix him up. How cool is that?

I plunk for wierd any day!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#125056 - 01/08/06 07:17 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wierd's good! \:D

#125057 - 01/08/06 11:47 PM Re: Who's a "normal"
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Larry, you have a lot to be proud of in those two. Even if your daughter is stealing your lunch money...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.