Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (susie, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444051 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#125003 - 08/11/03 02:46 AM Futurama
Sick Puppy Offline

Loc: Nowhere Land
This is THE greatest show ever created! (Except for maybe Invader Zim.)

I am sure there are other people that watch Futurama here. I personally like it better than the Simpsons, but the Simpsons was really great in its heyday (now it kinda sucks.)

It's too bad Futurama is being cancelled though. I guess Cartoon Network is picking it up now, though, which is good. I don't get CN here but I am moving in like a week anyway \:\)

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

#125004 - 08/11/03 08:02 AM Re: Futurama
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
OH to have the eyes of someone under 30. Every damn time I try something like that I become all thumbs and my heart starts to race.

Mountainbiking and inlining and snowboarding and hockey I can handle. But a joystick and stuff coming at you from all directions leaves me dazed.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#125005 - 08/11/03 09:37 AM Re: Futurama
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Josh, Mike,

I love Futurama! I hardly get a turn watching the tv these days, but I used to reserve it for Futurama.

I remember on our trip to NYC last year, we took the kids to the hotel restaurant for dinner one night (Kids eat free!) and Futurama was on. Bender was trying to get something from someone, an investment or something, and the guys asks, "Can you guarantee I'll make twice my money..." or something. Bender says, "I can guarantee anything."

The sick humor on the Simpsons was a natural draw for me. There was a scene in an early episode where the family is locked out of the house or something, and they look in someone else's window. "Look, the man is wearing a shirt!" "These people are obviously freaks." Susie never understood why I laughed so long and hard at that stuff.

Thanks,

Joe

#125006 - 08/12/03 05:02 PM Re: Futurama
ecb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sick Puppy:
This is THE greatest show ever created!
Ditto! \:\)

#125007 - 09/06/03 06:54 PM Re: Futurama
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
There's a new animated series being shown on UK tv at the moment - very late night early morning - called Monkey Dust.

It's bizzare to say the least, and could easily be very triggering to many survivors as it satirises many aspects of sex.

In the first one a guy thought that cottaging was the thing for him( cruising restrooms )as it offered unlimited guilt free sex ( Oh yeah ? ) so he signs up at the local night school for the "Cottaging for Beginners" course, as you can imagine the plot goes downhill from there.

In a later episode, armed with all his new knowledge he goes out in search of sex, and calls in to an amusment arcade where he plays a slot machine.
In goes the money, pull the lever and the reels go round. Each reel is a toilet door instead of the usual fruit or whatever, he get's one door, it opens, and there's a policeman inside to arrest him !

It's actually very funny, even to someone like myself whose been there, done that and avoided arrest.

He's just one character in a whole bunch of sexual misfits, and all manner of things are covered here.
Don't expect deep and hidden meanings here, but once I'd got over the intitial shock it was a new experience to see the fringe areas of sexuality being made fun of so openly, and not nastily.

Not for everyone, but it made me laugh.

Dave

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.