Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 72 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62513 Topics
438099 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#124951 - 11/17/05 03:18 AM Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
I got this idea from TX_Space in the Tunes thread. So what are the guilty pleasures you enjoy that you would only tell or show your closest of friends? Here a just a few of mine:

I’m a closet Barry Manillo fan. {Obviously in the closet since I can’t even spell the man’s name correctly}

I’ll do a quick boot scoot to John Denver’s Thank God I'm a Country Boy every time I hear it. My friends just collapse when I pull this one out.

My favorite movie is Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

I still have a crush on David Cassidy and Bobby Sherman.

On the episode of the Partridge Family when Bobby Sherman guest starred, I actually ran to the TV and started kissing it *oh brother* Hey, I was only 9!

The first concert I ever went to was with my Dad and my sister to see the Osmond Brothers. Loved it!

I painted my bedroom purple because is was Donny’s favorite color

I smoke cigars when I’m out with my friends but I wouldn’t dare light one if I’m with people I work with

A perfect Saturday night is spent at the Kareoke Bar {mmm, probably spelled that one wrong too} \:o

One of my favorite classic TV comedies was F-Troop {*singing* The end of the civil war was near........}

My favorite cartoon was Ghost Busters {I would watch this on Saturday morning when my daughter was little - and still sleeping!}

At 42 years old, I own my own coloring book and crayons and I USE them \:D

The only good thing about such admissions is that when you’re friends find out and laugh their heads off, you laugh just as hard!

#124952 - 11/17/05 04:05 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
TX_Space Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Trish--
Barry Manilow!?!?
ME TOO!!! That man has gotten me through many rough patches in my life. Unfortunately, this time around with my rough patch...my friend at work confiscated my CD here at work and won't let me listen. D@MN HER!

Xanadu--that movie ROCKS...uh, er...is really good!?

Urban Cowboy -- hey I grew up about 2 mile from Gilley's! (BTW--they just bull-dozed the last building left on the site. Sad day!)

Captain and Tennille show! Yeah, how sad is this one (Muskrat Love!). In third grade, I had a skating party and in all the photos, the guys are where those iron-on shirts with our high school logo (remember those!). Me, what was I wearing? A freakin' C & T shirt with that dog of theirs! It's pathetic!!

Oprah! -- yeah, I know! But, I used to sit and watch this every afternoon with my dad when I first got out of college and couldn't find a job!

Real World -- I'm on the wrong side of the generation curve for this show but it's such a hoot to watch!

Wendy's french fries dipped into a Frosty! Before you gross out--try it!! For that matter, any salty food item (chips, pretzels, etc.) dipped into ice cream!

Okay...I'll stop now. These are in addition to the ones listed in the other thread!! I've probably lost all credibility with you guys now! \:\) I'm really a normal guy. Ya right!

tx_space

#124953 - 11/17/05 06:19 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

TX

\:\) \:D ;\) \:\) \:D ;\) I can relate to every one, especially the Wendy's french fries in a Frosty. Awesome stuff!

ROCK ON.........Trish

#124954 - 11/24/05 11:16 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guilty pleasures, that is like things you like but would be embarrased that others know you like them?

#124955 - 11/24/05 08:49 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Okay, time to role out the heavy artillery. Here are a few of mine:

Judge Judy: A true gift to civilization.

Tye-dyed T-shirts: The one I am wearing right NOW is one for the Allman Brothers Band.

tapioca: My wife and kids think it's disgusting, but Bruno and I love it.

watching a computer guru's PC crash: 'nuff said

wearing my broad brimmed hat and going out into the park to play the blues on my 1931 Dobro: my kids want to switch to a parallel universe

going out into the garden, noticing that it's a mess, pulling up a chair, and fixing a drink instead of getting out the tools and mower: Oh sweet joy!!!

going for a walk with Bruno and his fence post: it's nice to relate to someone at the same intellectual level

Ahhhh...redeemed and fulfilled! \:\) Thanks Trish.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#124956 - 11/25/05 12:22 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Quote:
going out into the garden, noticing that it's a mess, pulling up a chair, and fixing a drink instead of getting out the tools and mower: Oh sweet joy!!!
Larry, I've got a chair like that as well. And to make matters worse, I actually pay my neighbour to do my garden, he's retired and loves it but I can still sir there and watch him doing all the work while I smoke a cigar and drink my wine.

It's disgraceful, but it doesn't make me feel guilty.

One of life's little pleasures, to watch the paid staff hard at work! \:D

Dave

#124957 - 11/25/05 04:33 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Dave,

I absolutely love it!!!! As Trish would say:

Quote:
Rock on.
Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124958 - 11/28/05 07:02 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Ah, guilty pleasures. What would life be without them?

I like Culture Club ("Do You Really Want To Hurt Me"...Classic!)

I also like Wham! (All of their ONE hit album over here!)

A movie I'd NEVER admit liking in polite society - "Ghost" (Very romantic, but WAAAAAY too girlie for a Manly-Man like ME! \:D

Nostalgia trip - I like the "Dick and Jane" books (especially the religious-school edited ones!) more now than when they used them on me in first grade. Maybe because I could read by then and they were boring.

Dr. Suess ROCKS! I don't care HOW old you are, so stop laughing when you catch me reading "Green Eggs & Ham."

Also, what's wrong with watching Sesame Street when you're home during the day? Especially with the late, great Michael Jeter as the Other Mr. Noodle?

(If you know who Mr. Noodle is, and you don't have kids, it's best not to reveal it to too many people.)

I watch televangelists still, if only to mock them.

I also read Chick Tracts.

I like Twinkies.

Is that enough enjoyable guilt for you? Or should I tell you I like PB&J's made with pancakes instead of bread? \:D

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#124959 - 11/29/05 05:47 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

And the worst one of all...I want a mandolin for Christmas.

My kids tremble in fear, but at least I'm not clamoring for a banjo - or bagpipes. \:D

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124960 - 11/30/05 03:27 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

*LOL* A mandolin?!

AK - Exactly.

I'm going to get my crayons and color now.

ROCK ON........Trish

#124961 - 11/30/05 10:50 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Oh please!!!! Yes, a mandolin. \:\)

Go for it Trish.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124962 - 12/03/05 10:03 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
johnsurvived Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arlington, Virginia
Lay's Brand snack products -- Fritos, Cheetohs, Doritos, Sun Chips, potato chips, you name it.

Hostess Sno-Balls, Chocolate Cupcakes and Orange Cupcakes.

Tas-T-Cake Butterscotch Krimpets, Raspberry Zingers, and that crumb-topped coffecake thingummy.

Oreo McFlurries from that place with the yellow rainbows out front.

Monty Python's Flying Circus and Blackadder reruns on BBC America.

Wendy's Big Double with Cheese; Checker's Big Buford.

Onion rings, deep-fried mushrooms, mozarella sticks, deep-fried calamari.

Grilled cheese sandwiches (that I make myself).

Gross-out college humor comedy movies, e.g. Road Trip, American Pie.

Lots of other stuff I can't think of right now.

John

Take for us the foxes, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards; for our vines have tender grapes. Song of Solomon 2:15

But let justice roll down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream. Amos 5:24

#124963 - 12/04/05 10:01 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Junk food of every kind.

But not guilty! I have this from my family! One year I came back for a visit and my mother asked me what I was giving up for Lent.

When I asked her you first - what are you giving up, she told me popcorn, because what you give up should be really important to you. \:D

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124964 - 12/05/05 03:19 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Rivers Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA -USA
Well, I need to do something fun tonight... so here goes!

I love to eat chocolate cookies in a big cup of milk... sometimes I eat 10 or more at one time.

I really love oprea, but only listen to it when I'm by myself in the car.

I also feel like the "frosted flakes" commercial where the guy is eating his cereal in the dark... I love to eat "Frosted Flake" or "Fruit Loops" or dunk any kind of pop tarts in milk.

I think Angela Lansbury is tops! I would love to meet her.

I don't know if this is a guilty pleasure or not but - I love cutting my toenails and fingernail and cleaning my ears with a Qtip...

Ok, gross I know - but there is something really great about watching a zit pop and splash on the mirror. \:\)

Ok - so no one will want to read my posts from now on!!!

#124965 - 12/05/05 06:56 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

LOL Riv--I know what you mean about the "pop and splash" I remember it with great fondness. Been a lot of years tho...

And Trish, I hesitate to say this but I also remember with great fondness my own crush on David Cassidy AND Donny Osmond. What can I say? I was sure I was... Well, You know...

I also remember but a few years later the huge crush I had on Farrah Fawcett Majors. I think I was 19 then

Let's see...

I love watching Mister Rogers

Mayo spread REALLY thick on my sandwich so it squishes out the sides and has to be licked off before it drops onto the carpet

Julia Roberts chic flicks

I love opening up the Oreo cookie and licking out the icing inside

I love my wife's Hungarian Mushroom Soup (heart attack in a bowl)

Sticking my finger in the raw cookie dough and dragging out a large dollop to plop noisily into my mouth

Drinking straight out of the milk carton while standing in front of the open refrigerator (ice box to the mere mortals on the site!)

Sitting around all day on a weekend without even getting dressed. Sometimes both days on a weekend

filling all the postage paid envelopes I get with the junk mail with junk mail from another mailer and sending them back after removing anything that can identify me as the one who did it!

The Village People singing YMCA

And the list could go on...

Great thread Trish

John

#124966 - 12/05/05 08:09 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

OK, so I'm at work and just read John's post and I start to stamping my feet and giggling like a little kid! I can't wait to fill up those postage paid evelopes with other junk mail and torture someone else for a change. I never thought of doing such a thing - now I'm going to tell everyone to do it. *lol*

This is sooooo much fun.

ROCK ON......Trish

#124967 - 12/05/05 08:41 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

John,

Quote:
filling all the postage paid envelopes I get with the junk mail with junk mail from another mailer and sending them back after removing anything that can identify me as the one who did it!
How absolutely delicious!!!!!!! \:D I can hardly wait to go through my next batch of junk mail!

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124968 - 12/06/05 01:58 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trish, Larry---

It IS something I take a particular joy in doing. I'm sure there must be other people that do it but I've never run on to any of them. The little boy in me just giggles with delight at the mere thought of it sometimes. The last time I did it my wife and daughter just sat there shaking their heads in wonder. To me it is very theraputic. Sort of my little way of telling the world to go _____________! \:D

And the nice thing is it just may keep my local post office open! \:D \:D

#124969 - 12/06/05 03:14 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
demonboi Offline

Loc: East Coast

Every hour, cause it's all good
Leave all the stress from the world outside
Every wrong done will be alright
Nothin but peace, love
And street passion, every ghetto needs a thug mansion

#124970 - 12/06/05 03:02 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Nyjah,

Not ever bro!!! ;\) Return to Hendrix immediately. Save yourself while you can!

But jumping in puddles? I so remember THAT one!

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124971 - 12/06/05 03:28 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Demonboi,

*Singing* It's Friday night and I just got paid......I'm pretty sure that song belongs to one of them, nysnc I think. I may be 42, but I can be the most imature person in the room, at least my daughter and her friends think so *l* Come to think of it, my friends do too!

I used to love blowing bubbles in milk, but when I did, my brothers and sister followed suit. Poor Mom.

John, the little devil in all of us has to come out some where and the postage thing is a very funny way to do it.

Oooh I just thought of another one. Popping tar bubbles in the street on a hot summer day. That would keep the neighborhood kids busy for hours!

ROCK ON......Trish

#124972 - 12/06/05 04:13 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Touching ANYTHING with a "wet paint" sign on it, and then looking at my finger. I still haven't outgrown that one! \:D

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124973 - 12/07/05 01:38 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Nyjah,

Liking bsb and nsync is not a problem. I have moments of liking them myself \:o .

If I can, so can you Larry. Come on, I dare ya! :p

John

#124974 - 12/07/05 03:06 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think maybe for me, it is that American television show, 'Whos line is it anyway'? I video it all the time when I was there, and so still can watch it now, it still make me laugh very much. A friend, she was on airplane with Collin Mockrie a while ago and get his autograph for me, that was exciting! Also, the 'adult swim' cartoons that make no sense but are so funny! I love that my video and television are 'universal' so I can still use them now!

#124975 - 12/14/05 06:13 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

No way John. If I think I can get away with it I even pretend I don't know what "bsb" and "nsync" stand for! ;\)

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124976 - 12/15/05 02:28 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ok, Larry. Uh huh... sure. \:D

John

#124977 - 12/15/05 02:51 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Why not throw in some Ricky Martin for good measure. That guy could get a room up and dancing in an instant! and anyone who disputes that is not living la vida loca

#124978 - 12/15/05 05:21 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Grrrrrr. Ricky Martin? I am SOOOO coming to NJ to find you Trish, once Christmas is past and I have my mandolin. Say hello to your worst nightmare; I will just be learning! ;\)

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124979 - 12/15/05 06:22 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Noooooooooooooooo, not the mandolin playing Professor. Quick, hide all of your 18th century musical instruments!!!!!! \:D

ROCK ON.......Trish

#124980 - 12/16/05 01:02 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ricky Martin or Larry playing the mandolin? Hmmmm...

I think I'm with you Trish! \:D

John

#124981 - 12/16/05 11:52 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Humph...looks like I need to schedule a stop in Oregon as well! Maybe this will turn into a world tour! \:D

L.

(Woody Guthrie)

#124982 - 12/17/05 02:35 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Ok, here's the deal. We all meet in Nebraska, that's about half way between Oregon and NJ and we listen to Larry trying to play his Mandolin over Ricky Martin playing really loud on the juke box! {Mmmm, does Ricky Martin even get a spot on the juke box anymore?}

#124983 - 12/17/05 02:47 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
We better watch Larry. This mandolin thing could be just the beginning. Next thing we know he's going to be wanting a Les Paul or Strat electric guitar and will be thinking he's the next Jimmy Page/Eric Clapton wannabe. It's a slippery slope.....

#124984 - 12/17/05 03:24 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

LOL ROTF! \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

#124985 - 12/17/05 12:36 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I turn my back on this place for a few hours and look what happens. Okay, okay wise guys (and girls)...the world tour schedule is lengthening!!! And it will be BEFORE I actually learn to play! :p

Strat, Les Paul? Those are already in the house - my son is a rock 'n roll musician.

Much noise,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124986 - 12/17/05 05:58 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

I can play chop sticks on the piano, maybe we can start our own band *lol*

#124987 - 12/18/05 05:19 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Absolutely Trish. They will have to book us into Madison Square Garden! \:D

L.

(Woody Guthrie)

#124988 - 12/23/05 10:55 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

My friends visiting now say that few days ago, they watch the DVD 'Worst of American Idol', of all the people who do audietions and cannot sing. They were laughing so much at it, and said when one of the persons started to try to sing, the dog stood up, barked, and left the room! I think it is funny, to laugh at these people who do not have the idea they 'suck'!

#124989 - 12/23/05 10:58 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Andrei,

You are so right!!!! \:D I would love to see that DVD!!!

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124990 - 12/23/05 04:42 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

American Idol is definately a guilty pleasure of mine. Many of my friends, and my b/f, won't watch 'cause they think it's stupid but that's why I love it! The beginning his hilarious, the end is dramatic. What more can you ask for? \:D

ROCK ON........Puddin O'Leary

#124991 - 12/23/05 04:52 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

Well, I have to admit that your logic is devastating. I wonder what channel that show is on in Europe. ;\)

You wouldn't happen to be a Judge Judy fan would you?

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124992 - 12/23/05 05:19 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

You probably get the UK version, which is where ours came from. If you enjoy talent contests, then this is the best of them. Having competed in many myself in my younger days, I love it.

I don't get to see Judge Judy very often, except when I can't sleep and come across it somewhere at 2 in the morning. She is, um, let's see how do I put this, wonderfully smart but quite cantankerous, don't you think?

ROCK ON.......Puddin O'Leary

#124993 - 12/25/05 02:02 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sort of like Dr. Laura, Trish. Although she's not wonderfully smart most of the time either.

Bijou Smickleifigus

#255509 - 10/15/08 08:58 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures [Re: WalkingSouth]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

With these great new upgrades, I was able to look waaaaayyyyy back for some of my posts and came across this one. It was so much fun and so darned silly that I laughed my way all the way through.

So, since we have so many new members since 2005, would anyone else care to contribute their own guilty pleasures?

#255526 - 10/15/08 11:05 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures [Re: Trish4850]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Sure, Trish- very entertaining thread indeed...
Gosh, for me there's so many, it's more of an effort to pare the list down, so i'll just mention a few-
*Spending wayyy too much time on YouTube, watching things from my childhood, like Superfriends, Thundarr the Barbarian, old Sesame Street clips, etc.
*Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.
*Faking out dogs, by pretending to throw something.
*Being old enough to complain about the younger generation, and how nothing's the same anymore.
*Being finally proven right, in any pointless argument over useless trivia.

and the list goes on... but i'll spare you the rest ;-)

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#255569 - 10/16/08 06:14 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures [Re: dgoods]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
grinPOUTINE! grin

Heart attack in a pan!

Opera, in the car, at home. What? I can't sing? You just can't appreciate good music!

And my all time favourite for clearing older adolescents out of a room,,,, talk about sex! Dust in the wind!

Oh yeah, living long enough to be a problem to your kids!

Cheers!
Jim

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.