Newest Members
Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss, JW1230
12363 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40035 (55), Brayton (60), DavidJ (65), Grout (29), JJM33 (43), RockyMtJoe (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (lapchinj, traveler), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12363 Members
74 Forums
63536 Topics
443896 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#124951 - 11/17/05 03:18 AM Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
I got this idea from TX_Space in the Tunes thread. So what are the guilty pleasures you enjoy that you would only tell or show your closest of friends? Here a just a few of mine:

Iím a closet Barry Manillo fan. {Obviously in the closet since I canít even spell the manís name correctly}

Iíll do a quick boot scoot to John Denverís Thank God I'm a Country Boy every time I hear it. My friends just collapse when I pull this one out.

My favorite movie is Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

I still have a crush on David Cassidy and Bobby Sherman.

On the episode of the Partridge Family when Bobby Sherman guest starred, I actually ran to the TV and started kissing it *oh brother* Hey, I was only 9!

The first concert I ever went to was with my Dad and my sister to see the Osmond Brothers. Loved it!

I painted my bedroom purple because is was Donnyís favorite color

I smoke cigars when Iím out with my friends but I wouldnít dare light one if Iím with people I work with

A perfect Saturday night is spent at the Kareoke Bar {mmm, probably spelled that one wrong too} \:o

One of my favorite classic TV comedies was F-Troop {*singing* The end of the civil war was near........}

My favorite cartoon was Ghost Busters {I would watch this on Saturday morning when my daughter was little - and still sleeping!}

At 42 years old, I own my own coloring book and crayons and I USE them \:D

The only good thing about such admissions is that when youíre friends find out and laugh their heads off, you laugh just as hard!

#124952 - 11/17/05 04:05 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
TX_Space Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Trish--
Barry Manilow!?!?
ME TOO!!! That man has gotten me through many rough patches in my life. Unfortunately, this time around with my rough patch...my friend at work confiscated my CD here at work and won't let me listen. D@MN HER!

Xanadu--that movie ROCKS...uh, er...is really good!?

Urban Cowboy -- hey I grew up about 2 mile from Gilley's! (BTW--they just bull-dozed the last building left on the site. Sad day!)

Captain and Tennille show! Yeah, how sad is this one (Muskrat Love!). In third grade, I had a skating party and in all the photos, the guys are where those iron-on shirts with our high school logo (remember those!). Me, what was I wearing? A freakin' C & T shirt with that dog of theirs! It's pathetic!!

Oprah! -- yeah, I know! But, I used to sit and watch this every afternoon with my dad when I first got out of college and couldn't find a job!

Real World -- I'm on the wrong side of the generation curve for this show but it's such a hoot to watch!

Wendy's french fries dipped into a Frosty! Before you gross out--try it!! For that matter, any salty food item (chips, pretzels, etc.) dipped into ice cream!

Okay...I'll stop now. These are in addition to the ones listed in the other thread!! I've probably lost all credibility with you guys now! \:\) I'm really a normal guy. Ya right!

tx_space

#124953 - 11/17/05 06:19 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

TX

\:\) \:D ;\) \:\) \:D ;\) I can relate to every one, especially the Wendy's french fries in a Frosty. Awesome stuff!

ROCK ON.........Trish

#124954 - 11/24/05 11:16 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guilty pleasures, that is like things you like but would be embarrased that others know you like them?

#124955 - 11/24/05 08:49 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Okay, time to role out the heavy artillery. Here are a few of mine:

Judge Judy: A true gift to civilization.

Tye-dyed T-shirts: The one I am wearing right NOW is one for the Allman Brothers Band.

tapioca: My wife and kids think it's disgusting, but Bruno and I love it.

watching a computer guru's PC crash: 'nuff said

wearing my broad brimmed hat and going out into the park to play the blues on my 1931 Dobro: my kids want to switch to a parallel universe

going out into the garden, noticing that it's a mess, pulling up a chair, and fixing a drink instead of getting out the tools and mower: Oh sweet joy!!!

going for a walk with Bruno and his fence post: it's nice to relate to someone at the same intellectual level

Ahhhh...redeemed and fulfilled! \:\) Thanks Trish.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#124956 - 11/25/05 12:22 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Quote:
going out into the garden, noticing that it's a mess, pulling up a chair, and fixing a drink instead of getting out the tools and mower: Oh sweet joy!!!
Larry, I've got a chair like that as well. And to make matters worse, I actually pay my neighbour to do my garden, he's retired and loves it but I can still sir there and watch him doing all the work while I smoke a cigar and drink my wine.

It's disgraceful, but it doesn't make me feel guilty.

One of life's little pleasures, to watch the paid staff hard at work! \:D

Dave

#124957 - 11/25/05 04:33 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Dave,

I absolutely love it!!!! As Trish would say:

Quote:
Rock on.
Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124958 - 11/28/05 07:02 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Ah, guilty pleasures. What would life be without them?

I like Culture Club ("Do You Really Want To Hurt Me"...Classic!)

I also like Wham! (All of their ONE hit album over here!)

A movie I'd NEVER admit liking in polite society - "Ghost" (Very romantic, but WAAAAAY too girlie for a Manly-Man like ME! \:D

Nostalgia trip - I like the "Dick and Jane" books (especially the religious-school edited ones!) more now than when they used them on me in first grade. Maybe because I could read by then and they were boring.

Dr. Suess ROCKS! I don't care HOW old you are, so stop laughing when you catch me reading "Green Eggs & Ham."

Also, what's wrong with watching Sesame Street when you're home during the day? Especially with the late, great Michael Jeter as the Other Mr. Noodle?

(If you know who Mr. Noodle is, and you don't have kids, it's best not to reveal it to too many people.)

I watch televangelists still, if only to mock them.

I also read Chick Tracts.

I like Twinkies.

Is that enough enjoyable guilt for you? Or should I tell you I like PB&J's made with pancakes instead of bread? \:D

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#124959 - 11/29/05 05:47 PM Re: Guilty Pleasures
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

And the worst one of all...I want a mandolin for Christmas.

My kids tremble in fear, but at least I'm not clamoring for a banjo - or bagpipes. \:D

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124960 - 11/30/05 03:27 AM Re: Guilty Pleasures
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

*LOL* A mandolin?!

AK - Exactly.

I'm going to get my crayons and color now.

ROCK ON........Trish

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.