Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jak, Banjo596), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62522 Topics
438154 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#124887 - 07/23/03 09:03 AM Value of this forum
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Guys

Brian's post seemed a prompt to initiate a thread about the positive aspects of Chat forum.

I really really like it, because it fosters the intimate relationship between us by giving us a platform whereon we can talk about other stuff not specifically related to SA. We become multidimensional when others can see that we have other sides to us.

And this information is very important. For instance, by getting to know my quirkyness, my sense of humor etc in a more relaxed atmosphere, one may, when reading a reply of mine in a more serious forum, be slower to judge something I had written as being offensive. They might be less inclined to be on the defensive.

It's like before the chat forum, we were all driving down the freeway in tanks, and now we're in convertables with the tops down.

I like the many lighter and off topic threads that have cropped up recently.

I really like getting to know other aspects of your personalities. Gives me a more complete picture of who I am exchanging personality with.

Thanks everyone,

Ron

#124888 - 07/23/03 10:16 AM Re: Value of this forum
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
I just think adding forums left and right can be a bit confusing. I really don't have a problem with an "off topic" forum. In fact I've posted three times here in the last 10 hours :p . as well as a few of my threads having been moved here.

NOTE - there still here ;\)

#124889 - 08/09/03 09:29 PM Re: Value of this forum
Sick Puppy Offline

Loc: Nowhere Land
I think this forum is a great idea. This way I can feel less guilty about always talking about my abuse here, but then again, what else could you talk about in the abuse-related forums?

A chat forum is a good idea. It seems not many people post here regularly though.

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

#124890 - 08/10/03 01:25 AM Re: Value of this forum
LovingPartner Offline

Maybe a few jokes could be posted here to kind of "lighten the atmosphere"? What I mean is to relax a little and enjoy something a little more light-hearted (I think that is the word I'm looking for), than the heavy, deep and sometimes depressing subject of SA. Joke of the week/day or something? Just a quick thought. \:\) By the way, I loved that 80s thing!

#124891 - 08/10/03 01:34 PM Re: Value of this forum
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
I really like this forum. I usually end up coming out with a much needed smile. \:\) And I'll take a smile whenever and whereever I can.

I don't know if "Chat" is the correct name for it, but I can't think of anything better at this time. Maybe something like "The Lighter Side". Who knows? not me.

Good day to all,

Bill

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.