Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (highflight, pluckmemory, 2 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445348 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#124855 - 10/27/05 07:51 PM Suggestions for the young that come to us
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
I just thought that I would post a web address that has been designed by the Ontario Provincial Police to help ensure the safety of teens and pre-teens.

Speaking as a guy who buried the SA for 40 years until he was 56 and had a really awful time of it it is gratifying to see so many young guys coming here to get help and to start down the road to inner peace. But with it comes a certain responsibility for you guys. I might add it does for all of us. Basically it is common sense.

Here is the URL

http://www.opp.ca/projp/english/safety.htm

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#124856 - 10/28/05 05:57 PM Re: Suggestions for the young that come to us
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mikey,

I would just add these:

1. If something happens here that frightens you, makes you feel strange or confuses you, tell a mod right away. Your feelings are important, and if there is a problem they will want to help you with it. Try to remember that MS is about a lot of powerful feelings that can be misunderstood.

2. Mods here are trained specifically to help you. They are NOT like mods in a teen chat room, where mods are basically the enforcers who kick kids out.

3. If you contact a mod and don't get an answer back right away, remember that the mod may be busy elsewhere and just hasn't seen your PM yet.

4. Your questions, fears and issues here are never irrelevant or unimportant. There is no such thing as a stupid question.

5. If in doubt, see no. 1.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.