Newest Members
Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss, JW1230
12363 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Em (36), I Want 2 Thrive (49), midwest (29), Miles (50), MrDon (50), smurfette (33)
Who's Online
7 registered (JW1230, BuffaloCO, Rich1967, Suwanee, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12363 Members
74 Forums
63534 Topics
443889 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#124745 - 07/16/03 01:53 AM Haven't been around much lately
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
Hi all my frineds,

I haven't been around much lately. Just have seemed to withdraw into myself lately. I'm not sure what it is all about but I guess I have been trying to deal with to much alone.

I will try to update everyone on what has been going on with me in the last few months. I think that the last time that I posted was right after the April retreat.

I guess that is a good place to start. I met with my accountant right after I got home from the retreat. I think there was a mistake with my taxes but I am not sure what it was. All I know is that I had to give the IRS everything I owned and then some. My estimated payments for this year are outrageous too.

I am trying to keep better records this year. I am sure that I missed some expenses last year and that is why my taxes were so hi.

We are in a SEVERE drought here with severe watering restrictions. (Not a good situation for someone who installs and repairs lawn sprinklers) Most of the lawns in town are dead and people aren't watering. My business and income are off my at least 40%. I got some certification last November that should have helped my income but the City ordanance that I got the certification for is not being enforced so people are not having the testing done.

O K

To the issues with the church and the legal battle.

The church's attorney reguested ALL my medical and Psychologocal records. I told my attorney that I really wasn't comfoftable with that but he informed me that if we didn't give them to the church that the church would say that we were negiotating in bad faith. I agreed to release all my records to the church. I am now thinking that was a big mistake.

The next thing that the church requested was a dollar figure to be placed on what we are seeking. My attorney got the figures together. I was not really happy with what he proposed but he said that if we were conservative that we might have a better chance of getting the church to negiotate.

My attorney spent many hours preparing this doccument. Basically what we have asked for is the church to pay for my therapy for a five year period. We also asked for the church to pay for my P-Doc for the next five years and all my meds. I also need $3,000 worth of dental work becuase I grind my teeth. We also asked for the church to pay my expenses so that I could attend at least one retreat per year for the next five years.

Well, we got a response back from the church and they are unwilling to even negiotate on anything. They are saying that we are out of the statute of limitations and that I can GO TO HELL.

We have tried to talk to the National CHurch and they are saying that this is a matter for the local church to deal with and that the National church has no responsibility. The District church wrote me a letter and told me in so many words that I can "GO FUCK MYSELF" and that they will provide legal help to the local church to FIGHT ME in every way.

And this is " A CHRISTIAN CHURCH "

I met with my attorney the other day and he is wondering how much longer we should pursue this matter. Right now we are on an hourly basis and the church's stratagy seems to be to run my legal bills up as high as they can without even trying to negiogate.

There is one possibility. How things seem to work is that Statuts Of Limitations laws are based on discovery. I didn't remember what Dr. Laughlin had done to me in Estes Park Colorado until last year when I returned to the church that he serve in after he raped me in the church here. Therefore, I have 4 years from the time of discovery.

The other good thing that has happened is that I have started attending SNAP meetings in Denver. It is a 2 hour drive down to Denver and a 2 hour drive home but it is worth it. I have really gotten a lot out of them. At the last meeting two of the other participants at the meeting gave me the names of their attorneys. My attorney has contacted one of the SNAP attorneys and she has agreed to review my case FREE OF CHARGE and give us some suggestions on how to proceed.

I will try to do a better job of coming in here and talking to all of my friends. All of you have been such a great support system. I think one of the things is that with work I only have a few hours every evening for me. I have to chose how I spend my valusble free time.

I will keep everyone posted on how things are progressing.

One other good thing that has happened. I have wanted to go to the Clergy retreat. The airfare was going to be a killer. This last weekend there were some super deals on airfare and I was able to get a ticket for $200.00 cheeper than I had been looking at. I checked fares again today and they are back up where they had been.

I guess someone wants me to go to this retreat.

Take care brothers. I know this is long. I needed to catch everybody up.

John

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#124746 - 07/16/03 02:58 AM Re: Haven't been around much lately
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
john I have been wondering about you these last few weeks. Nice to hear from you,wish things where going better for you. Glad to see you are getting help out of the SNAP mettings. You may be
right on the mark about the discovery issue. You know that the local church would not give dam about you. I will PM you later. Muldoon

#124747 - 07/16/03 10:28 AM Re: Haven't been around much lately
Thad Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oakland, CA
Glad to hear from you - sounds like you have a full plate of things to deal with. I hope talking about it here helps a bit.

I'm sorry to hear about the position the church is taking. But it sounds like SNAP and the connection you found there will help you figure your next move against the church.

Please keep us informed.

((((((((chey))))))))))))

#124748 - 07/16/03 01:38 PM Re: Haven't been around much lately
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
Glad to hear from you, John. Hang in there.

Peace,
James

#124749 - 07/17/03 03:06 AM Re: Haven't been around much lately
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
Thanks everybody! I really appreciate the suppport. I just got home from a SNaP meeting down in Denver. This is the second one I have gone to and I find them very helpful. I meet with the intake clerk for the new T in the morning. I hope I can find a good T that can do me some good. Right now I am waiting for dinner to arive (DOMINO'S)

I'll keep everyone posted on how things are going.

John

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#124750 - 07/17/03 05:48 AM Re: Haven't been around much lately
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, John, it's David, glad you're back.

I'm sure that you'll get good advice from SNAP.

My first reaction is that you should have hit them with a $10,000,000.00 suit, making certain that the papers picked it up. Not just in Cheyenne, either.

I was involved with a group here in Portland who were being ripped off by GM over their converted gasoline engines that had been converted into diesel engines.

The lawyer that they found here had sued GM successfully before and his philosophy was to not fool around. He hit them with a ten million dollar suit and you should have seen the 400 dollar an hour attorneys from GM, show up within days of his filing to work things out.

The other problem could be that your attorney may be friends with the church's attorneys.
My take on the situation is that an attorney is going to have to take it to them with a serious offer that they can't refuse.
Pardon my zeal, I used to be a consumer advocate.

Keep us informed, I'm more than just a little interested in how this goes.

Peace, power and courage, John,

David

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.