Newest Members
jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas, JHNebraska
12494 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
4 registered (JHNebraska, Jwmcd2, dan_in_newengland, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12494 Members
74 Forums
64162 Topics
447748 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#124684 - 06/17/03 10:55 PM Hi
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
Haven't been around much for quite some time. Here's how it goes.

April 17, I learned that my wife was having an affair with a male co-worker. She was ratted out by someone else who works for her. I stuck around the rest of that weekend, quite dazed and not knowing what to do next. That was on a Thursday that I found out. The following Tuesday, after having spoken to my T, I moved out, over to Mom and Dad's house. My old bedroom, just like it was when I left it.

I went back and gave her my "terms" as she called it, under which I would move back into my home. I said I wanted to have marriage counseling, and for her to break off the relationship with him, whom I still did not know who he was. She said I could move back in, but since I was not "intimate, emotionally distant, irresponsible" that nothing would happen or change.

I'm still living with Mom and Dad, and get to see my boys from Saturday noon, or whenever she decides to let them come over, until Sunday around dinner time. I have filed for a divorce. She is not pleased with the amount of support money I have been giving her. I have been sending more than what my attorney recommended. Alot more. So much so that I've been living off a credit card for the last two months. I've hit the bottle a bit more than I should, but have not been drinking and driving. Very very very lonely and afraid. All Mom and Dad wanna talk about is "the divorce" and how I should screw her over. All I wanna do is run away.

Up to 30 mg of lexapro per day now, and the vision is getting blurry, got the shakes, can't sleep, having nightmares again, terrible diarea (sorry if that's more information than you need, but you should know that lexapro, an anti-depressant, can have that side effect at this dosage)

signed up for the retreat in October, for victim/survivors of clergy abuse. Never could have done that if I were still living with her.

She has been so emotionally abusive to me, I feel just like I did when I was had by the priest and the guy next door. The priest is living in town, still, though no longer a priest. The boy next door still lives next door with his parents (he must be late 40's by now) and i saw him barbequeing this weekend whilst my kids were playing in the backyard at Mom and Dad's on Sunday. He's such a pervert.

You don't need to reply to this, just know that I am still hangin in there. No matter what happens, I am still the father of my children, and she is still their mother. I need to be here for them. And always will be. And I am here for you guys as well, though not as much as I would like to be. Always remember, LYLAB means "LOVE YOU LIKE A BROTHER, A SAFE BROTHER" and I still think of you guys often.

Peace

Orodo (aka tel_orod in chat)

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#124685 - 06/17/03 11:32 PM Re: Hi
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Ordo my brother. I am so sorry for what has happened to you. I have a good friend who is 36 now and was in an abusive relationship with his wife and was abused by his brother from 9-15 years.

The same thing happened to him and he has a wonderful daughter. I am telling you this because after little more than a year he has his shit totally together and is now dating a truly wonderful woman and it is like he is reborn.

You mention the abusiveness of your wife. Ordo it is better to be out of there and you have done the right thing. My buddy got into a group right away and he said it was a great help to him. That is where I met him.

Please Ordo go easy on the booze. It is not worth it ok. And my brother you are not alone. We are all here for you. Please be gentle with yourself and realize that whatever happened was not your fault. Not even the recent past.

Get on with your healing and spend some time with us ok.

Mike

aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#124686 - 06/17/03 11:35 PM Re: Hi
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

ty lylab

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#124687 - 06/17/03 11:56 PM Re: Hi
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hello Marc,

Let me know if I can be of help to you.

You sound very good Marc. You have done well. This has been such a long and painful ordeal for you. It is good that you are there for your boys. If and when they meet Mom's new friend it will be very difficult for them.
You are the only man they want in their life as Dad. You have always been there for them and have been a good father.

I admit that it seems sad to me that you are there and feeling so alone. I hope that your parents and your sister etc. are a good support for you.

Have you heard about marriage mediation? Apparently it is nationwide and is just as legal as the courts, but less stressful for the couple. At least folks that took that route tell me that.

As I say, you know how to contact me if I can be of help to you.

Bob

#124688 - 06/18/03 12:44 AM Re: Hi
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Please take care my brother. We will always be here.

love you, Nathan

#124689 - 06/18/03 03:54 AM Re: Hi
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Orodo
sometimes we need to move on, however painful that is for us and our families.
I'm sure that in time you'll be able to be a better father once you're away from the pressure of your wife.

Take it easy, ...that's a hell of a thing for me to say I know..... but try to take it easy, and look after yourself.

Dave

#124690 - 06/18/03 09:41 AM Re: Hi
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Orodo,

Listen to your brothers; there's a lot of love here. And do take care of yourself, not just for your boys or for us, but for yourself.

Joe

#124691 - 06/18/03 09:46 AM Re: Hi
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Orodo,
Hello my friend. It's good to see you again. Im sorry for what you are going through. Remember we are here for you anytime you need us. Collectively we have a heck of shoulder for you to lean on, so you dont have to worry about us letting you fall. ((((((((((((hugs my friend)))))))))))
James

#124692 - 06/18/03 10:57 AM Re: Hi
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, my brothers...

Dean...FYI...her new BF has moved in...

#124693 - 06/18/03 01:19 PM Re: Hi
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Orodo:

Quote:
signed up for the retreat in October, for victim/survivors of clergy abuse. Never could have done that if I were still living with her.
It is good that you have at least gotten yourself into a situation where you have more control over your life and recovery, and you can do these things you need to do to take care of yourself.

You sound like a good father. I hope you will be able to see your children more, even have them.

Also hope your wife will get the help she needs as unlikely as that seems right now.

Bobs' idea of mediation sounds good. You deserve a lot better than what you're getting right now IMNSHO.

Hoping also that somehow or another your perps get had. Noticed your concern about the neighbor barbecuing nearby as your kids played. Are you concerned he might abuse them?

Orodo I don't know if you've disclosed on your perps or confronted them or not. Probably not something you want to think about right now. Just wondering about your kids, you seem concerned, as perhaps you should be.

Friend I'm sorry for the abuse you're suffering from. Come here when you can & get help where you can ok? LYLAB.

Victor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.