Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (bcl092, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63574 Topics
444161 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#124635 - 07/12/03 09:14 PM Victor
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sad news. What a guy. Bigger than life, really.
He sure supported me when I needed it most.
I will miss him.
I will miss him.
I am missing him.

#124636 - 07/13/03 01:17 PM Re: Victor
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
I will miss Victor, too, and I hope that whatever he is doing now, he is making progress on his own recovery. Perhaps we will see him here again someday. It would be nice.

Joe

#124637 - 07/13/03 08:49 PM Re: Victor
RickL Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
Victor helped me in many ways, and became a great friend.

His presence on these boards furthered my healing and recovery. He was tireless in his affirmation for me and I know many of the men here. He is struggling now. I wish I knew how to affirm him better. I too will miss his presence here.

Rick

#124638 - 07/13/03 10:35 PM Re: Victor
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
If I had any money to bet, I would bet that Victor will return. Maybe not soon, but he will return. The reason I say that is because I think he was genuine when he said he loved us, and he knew that he did in fact help almost all of us.

He needs time and space now. But we are not out of his mind and heart. So I suspect, in his own time, he will be with us again.

Just my personal opinion and not from anything that I know that you don't know.

Bob

#124639 - 07/21/03 10:07 AM Re: Victor
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
For those of us who missed the fireworks, can someone explain what prompted Victor to leave and if he left does that mean that all his posts were deleted as well? Can't seem to find any posts from him in the recent past to figure out what was going on.

Jim

#124640 - 07/21/03 11:29 AM Re: Victor
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Jim,

Victor decided himself that he didn't want to come here anymore. If you have a way to contact him, then maybe he can tell you more about why.

He's been gone a while, so he doesn't have any really recent posts. The last time I looked for one of his it was still there.

HTH,

Joe

#124641 - 07/21/03 11:37 AM Re: Victor
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Jim Outis has it right.

I also think that Victor may have done what we all seem to do at one time or another; at least I do. I try to help so many and when I cannot I feel worthless and then the whole downward spiral starts again. Not saying this happened to Vic ( who I have a tremendous admiration for)but he may have spread himself a bit thin and ignored his own recovery. I know that it happens to me

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#124642 - 07/21/03 11:59 AM Re: Victor
Thad Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oakland, CA
Moderators have taken no action to remove any of Victor’s posts. If any were removed it would have been done by him. – Victor’s leaving was of his own choice. We have all wished him well and hope he returns.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.