Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447976 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#124606 - 06/13/03 09:31 AM Re: SUMMER
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Bob (Ernie),

"1965 Electra 225 and I am going to drive it in a caravan from Maine to Detroit"?

In a caravan, heck, it IS a caravan \:\) Can you say "sheet metal"? I drove one once. Was hard getting the timing to turn corners down... do I start half a block away, or a whole block? BTW, how many gallons to the mile?

It's a nice car. Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy!

And the rest you, EnJoY !

jer

#124607 - 06/13/03 01:13 PM Re: SUMMER
ernie Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Portland, Maine
Its a great car, 18 ft long weighs in at 6500 lbs. Has all the horns and whistles (except air). When it was new it sold for 4500.00 try to touch a new one today for under 30,000. I have wanted to own one since 1965. One of the mentors in my life was a Buick dealer, I use to cut his lawn every week. When I finally saved enough to buy a car, he let me drive he and his wife from my home town to Kenosha Wis (a five hour trip) in a brand spanking new 65 Electra 225. I never forgot what that felt like to drive this wonderful automobile and promised myself I would own one some day. That day happened 3 years ago about 6 months into my whole life falling apart because of my SA etc. It has been my salvation in many ways. I used it for my youngest daughters wedding and could not have been prouder to see the new bride and groom going down the street in "Lucille" (the original owners name) I will turn 52,000 miles on it on my way to Detroit, will honk the horn and say Thank you for the pleasure you have brought to my life. Again, the offer is open, anyone for a trip?
Thanks
Bob

#124608 - 07/07/03 11:17 AM Re: SUMMER
ernie Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Portland, Maine
OK guys, Mid term themes are due on 7/15/03, hows the summer going so far.

#124609 - 07/07/03 02:56 PM Re: SUMMER
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Oops sorry Bob I guess I flunk this one...

Victor

#124610 - 07/09/03 05:03 PM Re: SUMMER
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Quote:
OK guys, Mid term themes are due on 7/15/03, hows the summer going so far.
I'll turn in my midterm early and then relax.

I'm in a strange place.

So far this summer, I've burned (and sometimes undercooked) about a dozen meals on the new grille. I've been into DC once with the love of my life to see the "Reduced Shakespeare" company presenting "All the World's Great Books." Great show, very funny. I got caught up in their depiction of the encounter with the Cyclops in the Odyssey (yeah, me, imagine that \:D ), but the show was hilarious. If you get a chance to see it, by all means go see it.

This summer I told my parents that I was sexually abused (I actually said "molested") as a teenager. I told the Sunday Al Anon Adult Child group that I attend, including telling them that the perp was my "sponsor."

I told my oldest son that I experienced the "bad touch" he read about in his scout books. I assured him that he could tell his mom or me if anything like that ever happens to him.

He and I went to see "Hulk" 'cause he wanted to see it. The females were uninterested, and I didn't want his 3 year old brother to see it. I preferred the way Spiderman stayed closer to the comics, but my son had no qualms with the movie Hulk since he didn't know the comics.

We went fishing on the Chesapeake yesterday, and between us we caught 40 spot. We made our contribution to the group's supply for a dinner on Friday and took about a dozen home.

On Fathers' Day my daughter entered her first equestrian competition, and she competed in a higher level event than most kids with her experience. She won three ribbons, and did a lot to settle her nerves. Her next competition is this coming weekend.

I've been "Mecho Godzilla" and Triceratops horridus and Tyrannosaurus rex and who knows what else in many mock battles with the 3 year old. He's a tough cookie, and I always come out worse for wear. Oh, and I've raced him across the yard to the shed several times, and pitched batting practice to him, too.

I told some friends a couple years ago that I'm always sore after we play "Hop On Pop" because it often degenerates into "Sucker Punch Pop." I live with a tough crowd \:\) and the youngest is true to form. I get to be the NFL Films highlight reel star, the guy they show making the great play just before he leaves on a stretcher.

I've been with the family to a local pool a few times, where I burn ripe red in a matter of minutes. They have a pair of slides that the oldest son and I use to race each other to the water. My wife can win against him when she uses the right hand slide, but I can't seem to beat either of them. I always figured in grade school that I was slow; now I have the proof. \:\)

Oh, and last night I discovered I can (am physically able to) cry. Now I need to survive that.

Thanks,

Joe

#124611 - 07/09/03 07:47 PM Re: SUMMER
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Joe
that sounds like the good life \:D

Dave

#124612 - 07/09/03 10:58 PM Re: SUMMER
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Joe,

Well you are a special Dad for sure. It was a joy to read your summer log.

Bob

#124613 - 07/13/03 01:50 PM Re: SUMMER
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Quote:
On Fathers' Day my daughter entered her first equestrian competition, and she competed in a higher level event than most kids with her experience. She won three ribbons, and did a lot to settle her nerves. Her next competition is this coming weekend.
Yeeeee-Haaaw!

Dave, Bob,

I'm in training for the good Dad, and part of it is the good life. Thanks.

She competed today and got two, count 'em, two first place blue ribbons. She's in the running for a prize for the entire season with next month's competition.

Best of all, when I asked her how she felt, she said, "Can't you see the smile of joy on my face?" We've been to the psychologist with her over some issues that arose at school this year, and a lot of it had to do with her being distant from her feelings. Yes, I know where she learned that, and I feel so much better hearing words like those she spoke today. \:D

Thanks, guys, for being here so seven year old girl can have a real Dad!

Gratefully,

Joe

#124614 - 07/13/03 02:27 PM Re: SUMMER
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Way to go Joe! To be able to be a real, and in my words, nurturing father to your children ---- you've brought tears to my eyes.

The rewards from your work may be few and far between, but worth every bit of pain and anguish you have to go through, in my childless opinion.

thank you for sharing your joys and thrills of life.

jer

#124615 - 07/13/03 05:28 PM Re: SUMMER
dwf Offline
Moderator/BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
Hey, Joe,

You are a helluva good Dad.

I'm with, jer, childless myself, but man, oh, man, hearing about men like you being so nurturing with their kids brings tears to my eyes as well.

I'm sure that I have always wanted the love and physical closeness that sons naturally crave from their father.

My father was a hurt and angry man, having been abused by his father. He was such a handsome, funny, warm hearted man--but then he could become so full of rage and so punishing.

And then he simply disappeared one day when I was about 5 or 6.

I never saw my dad again.

And I'm sure that I have spent the rest of my life looking for that love and warmth I sensed my dad had to give, only he wasn't able or willing.

I'm sure that desperate, yearning for my dad's love is what left me so vulnerable to being sexually abused by the perpetrator.

God bless you, Joe, for being so willing and for working so hard on being able to give your children this most precious legacy--the knowledge
that they are good, worthy of care and loved by their dear, old Dad.

What you're giving those kids is the Ultimate Weapon in the fight against child sexual abuse!

Hey, watch out for those sucker punches! We need you in good shape here to help keep the coffee pot perking! \:\)

I found my dad the year after he had died. I was 30. I was so angry that I cried at his grave.

It has taken a long time and a lot of work, but I have finally won back the willingness and the ability to say:

"I love my Dad."

That's something I've always wanted.

Today I can show that kind of fatherly love to the men in my life. And when I do, it comes right back at me. Funny, huh? As someone else observed, I found it in the last place I looked!

With gratitude for all the dad's love I get from all of you--you know you are!! --

Your brother, your son, your father, your friend,

-Tony Joe White

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.