Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443286 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#124586 - 06/09/03 05:53 PM SUMMER
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
This is along the lines of what do you do to relax and recharge the battery. I am waiting for some more replies so I can collate it all

Now this. What are you going to do this summer and who are you going to do it with and where are you going to do it to recharge the batteries and to just relax. You might also let us know what you would like to do, etc, etc

For myself I and my wife Nicole are going camping to the Pinery Provincial Park for three weeks. 18 kilometers of white sandy beach. No TV. It is 50 miles north of Sarnia. The sunsets are absolutley beautiful and the sun sets straight into the lake. The water is mild and clean. There are hiking and biking trails, an outdoor theatre. Just a place to get away from the usual stuff and be with my partner. If we are lucky my 22 year old daughter Tanya will visit us with some of her friends.

What would I like to do. Take my wife to where I was born in the foothills of Alberta or go to Gander Newfoundland to see her fathers grave. He died when she was 4 months old. Some day I hope we can do both.

Remember my fellow wolves we do need some r&r wherever we can get it.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#124587 - 06/10/03 12:55 PM Re: SUMMER
andrew-almost52 Offline

Loc: canada
Hi Mike, this is a great thread. Learning to relax and recharge the batteries is so important!
This past year my wife and I decided that we enjoyed the Okanagan Valley so much that we would move there permanently, it has taken us a year of planning. We have sold the family properties, moved my aged parents, and will be moving to Kelowna ourselves after school is finished for the kiddies. So now we will be closer to Osoyoos and the warmest fresh water lake in N.America. My wife and daughter love the water and I love the mountains and valleys of the Okanagan, our son loves hockey and of course Penticton has the largest hockey school in Canada. And we all love the year round temperate climate, a huge change from Alberta. I think for our holidays we will start taking trips to Vegas to watch Celine Dion and other big musicals, which I absolutely love, or maybe rent a house boat and cruise the Shuswaps about 2 hours north of Kelowna. I guess this posting doesn't have a whole lot to do with SA, but says a little bit about recovery and living! Peace, Andrew

#124588 - 06/10/03 02:57 PM Re: SUMMER
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Andrew-almost

It is not supposed to have anything to do with sa. It is all about recharging. How I envy you. god's country you are moving to. I was born and raised outside Pincher Creek Alberta on a cattle ranch. Had my own horse and rode to school. Still miss it but not the beatings. I guess I am a died in the wool easterner now.
AAAAAAAWHHHHOOOOOOOOLUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE

#124589 - 06/10/03 03:40 PM Re: SUMMER
al Offline

Loc: canada
Well for us it depends on what kind of time off, if any, Marc can get. Once i get the ok from the doc, we are thinking about maybe going camping for a week but again it depends on the job. Well since i already lead a life of r&r lol i will continue doing what i do best But we do want to spend time at the swimming hole i'm hoping to work on some art and do some writing this summer and with a little luck i can get back on my rollerblades soon . A big bonus would be to go fishing a few times....

Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it. Winston Churchill

#124590 - 06/10/03 04:13 PM Re: SUMMER
Sleepy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona, USA
Mike,
Indeed this is another cool post. I have a buddy from Denmark coming to visit me in August. He wants to go lay on the beach in Mexico so we're gonna head down there for a week. He also wants to go to Vegas for a weekend if we can squeeze it in. So Andrew maybe I'll see you there.

However, I really want to do something for myself. Two of my best friends recently moved to St. Louis and I want to go see them. I actually just went to their wedding in Albuquerque. The cool thing is that Molly and I have become incredibly close. We exchange e-mails daily and have shared some very personal stuff. In fact she is the one person that has help me out the most in the past year. So I'd like to give myself a treat and spend some time with her and her husband. I think it could be very therapeutic. BTW, please don't get the impression that I'm trying to hit on a married woman. It's not like that. In fact Alex and I are pretty good pals.

Well, that's about it for me.
Mike

"Mental health is a commitment to reality at all times."
--M. Scott Peck

#124591 - 06/10/03 04:23 PM Re: SUMMER
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Way to go guys

Al: We have a lot more in common. I teach inline skating. We got to get together to do that bro.

Mike

Boy that sounds like a full summer fo you. I know you are not hitting on a married woman. Boy R&R with friends is the best. Hope You get to Vegas and Mexico and St. Louis.
Try not to get Monkey Pox and I will stay away from SARS , Mad Cow disease and west Nile virus.
;\)

#124592 - 06/10/03 04:25 PM Re: SUMMER
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Oh you guys are making me long for another proper vacation your side of the pond \:\(
We've been lucky enough ( when my wife had a 'proper' job ) to visit so much of the US and Canada. Kelowna, Las Vegas, Albequerque.........ohhhh, I want to come back !

But this year my niece is getting married in Nova Scotia where my brothers lived for about 35 years, so that's where we're going. And we've been often enough to have done the 'tourist' stuff, so we'll just chill with the locals.
It's a fabulous place, I envy my bro' - but I haven't seen the winters. But there's always Florida.

Dave

#124593 - 06/10/03 07:17 PM Re: SUMMER
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Wow neat! I feel like I'm writing one of those essays when I was a kid, "What I'm Going to Do This Summer."

Well, I'm not sure yet--but "I Know What You Did Last Summer!" Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

Actually it sounds like I'm gonna kinda somewhat be copying Al this summer. :p

Starting off with continuing my RRRRR (Rest Relaxation Recuperating & Recovery) , hopefully tossing in some recreation like water aerobics or swimming (thanks for the smiley Al!).

Also I'll plan to do some more Riting (OK so its not an R!), working on a couple book and article ideas, for which I'm doing mostly Research right now (man I'm on a Roll!). (Thanks for that one too Al!)

There is a family reunion in New Jersey in mid-August, my wife's family, probably the first one they've had in her life or her parents lifetime at least. Man down heah in da good ol' South families have 'em most every year!

Most of the rest of my traveling will be in September, I hope, for the conference and to see a good friend.

Hey great post Mike!

In September are we gonna hafta write another essay on what we did during the summer?! \:D

victor

#124594 - 06/10/03 09:16 PM Re: SUMMER
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Mike,

One of these days we're going to take the Male Survivor cruise (maybe the Great Lakes, eh?) and you will be the Entertainment Director!

We're going to be staying close to home this year. In years past we've made at least one trip to NYC, but my wife is determined to keep a low profile this year. Just as well, the change will probably make the city so much more fun next time.

We bought a fancy gas grille in time for Mothers' Day so I can burn food for a family of five in the great outdoors (ok, on the driveway). We'll be doing some cookouts, get some fishing in, stroll the woods a couple times, just do nothing. That way we save on postcards to friends and family, too! \:D

Stick in the mud,

Joe

#124595 - 06/10/03 09:51 PM Re: SUMMER
Sleepy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona, USA
Dave,
From what I remember of your brother, it sounds like spending time with him will be very therapeutic. Sometimes just spending time with the right people can help you recharge your batteries. And if you ever make it through the South Western US again you'll have to drop me a line.
Mike

"Mental health is a commitment to reality at all times."
--M. Scott Peck

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.