Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Scott1962, traveler, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443456 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#124542 - 07/12/03 02:35 PM Minnesota or bust...............
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey,

Outis Joe and Ivanhoe David--that would be us-- were wondering who was planning on coming to the conference in Minneapolis?

Of those, who would be interested in having dinner together--casual, of course--the night of Wednesday, when many of us would be arriving?

Of those, who would be interested in planning on finding an area where we could debrief, deflate, or otherwise encourage one another when we need it? You know, locate a nook or a cranny where we could find each other at odd times during the conference when one or more of us may need to get away for a walk n' talk and maybe decompress a little.

I'm thinking that it would be great if we all could be there.

Peace, courage and some enjoyment this weekend to you all,

Joe and David

#124543 - 07/12/03 03:27 PM Re: Minnesota or bust...............
Thad Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oakland, CA
me me me
I'll be there!

I have a friend with whom I will be staying and will ask for suggestions - It is raddison, near the university right?

will look for an appropriate dinner place - for Wed. night - and a nook - (good idea) That would be dinner for ??? how many?

any suggestions from our resident Minnesotans?

where are you guys planning to stay? I will, no doubt have a car, or access to one and could help meeting someone at the airport if that helps.

looking forward to it......

...t

#124544 - 07/12/03 04:05 PM Re: Minnesota or bust...............
BT Offline

Loc: Chicago IL
I am going and would really like to meet you guys. I am getting in too late for dinner on Wend. (11:30 p.m.) but the rest sounds great.

Brent

#124545 - 07/12/03 05:53 PM Re: Minnesota or bust...............
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, Thad, you're on the list that I've got of the guys who have told me that they are planning to attend the conference.
We think that meeting at the hotel is the best suggestion so far. Most of us are staying at the facility where it is to be held--The Radisson--and dinner there would be simpler to get to and nooks and crannies should abound for gathering afterwards.
OK, I'll call them.
OK, I called them. Doesn't sound too semi-private for dinner; it may be an Applebee's but they can accommodate 20 or more of us.
I'm not opposed to other suggestions, it just seems simpler than to have late arrivals wondering where we may be.
And, Brent, I have a feeling that some of us insomniacs may be up past 11:30--should we save you a sandwich?

David..

Who else?

#124546 - 07/12/03 07:35 PM Re: Minnesota or bust...............
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
I will be at the conference but I am planning to arrive on thursday.

Bob

#124547 - 07/12/03 08:44 PM Re: Minnesota or bust...............
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bob,

We'll make certain that you know where our "hideout," is. Our gang would not be complete without you.

David

#124548 - 07/12/03 09:22 PM Re: Minnesota or bust...............
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Gents,

As I told you, I also will be going.

But regarding Wednesday evening, I won't be done with stuff until about 8:30pm and couldn't make it north to downtown, which is actually where I live till 9pm-ish.

I'll take whatever is left,

Ron

#124549 - 07/13/03 01:11 PM Re: Minnesota or bust...............
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Quote:
Of those, who would be interested in planning on finding an area where we could debrief, deflate, or otherwise encourage one another when we need it? You know, locate a nook or a cranny where we could find each other at odd times during the conference when one or more of us may need to get away for a walk n' talk and maybe decompress a little.
I'll be going, of course, and I should be in town in time for dinner. I wrote to Peter Dimock about the "safe place" and here's part of his reply.

Quote:
We will have a safe room available at all time during the conference and also a qualified counselor, therapist on call. If anyone needs to talk they simply go to the safe room (identified in the program) an use the phone to page the therapist on call. Volunteer and hotel staff will also know about the safe room and have the number for the on call therapist.

We will also have some times and space designated for survivors who want to get together for support and to talk with each other.
So we can still set up a regular place to meet before any social arrangements we have together, but our conference organizers are already watching out for our safety.

I'm looking forward to see you guys there.

Thanks,

Joe

#124550 - 07/14/03 02:51 AM Re: Minnesota or bust...............
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
I will also be at the conference the whole week. I will have a place to stay at my brother in laws. as far as a place to eat wed I will look around and see if we can book a few tables for 10 -15 people. I don't know what you all like to eat and how many $$$$ you want to spend. Any ideas let me know, Muldoon

#124551 - 07/14/03 04:40 AM Re: Minnesota or bust...............
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Tom,

There are places within walking distance of the hotel, but I have been thinking that to be at the hotel will make it easier for late arrivals.
It's supposed to be an Applebee's and they will be able to accommmodate 20 + of us.
I've got you on the list of those coming.

David

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.