Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
2 registered (GT13568, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443285 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#124468 - 09/03/05 03:02 AM Katrina
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I have a friend who is a nurse who will be leaving in two days from her job to go to the hurricane area for two weeks as a volunteer. I just wanted to ask for good thoughts for her, and for all the other people who are volunteering to help with this disaster. I have given contribution in my own way, but to go to the actual scene, I think that speaks a great strength, and I am sure these people are quite affected by their choice. I wish them all well, and hope they all remain strong.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#124469 - 09/03/05 06:50 AM Re: Katrina
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Leosha,

My good wishes and prayers go with your friend. Tell her how much we appreciate her. It will most likely be the most important two weeks of her life.

#124470 - 09/03/05 12:28 PM Re: Katrina
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Thank you Eddie.

I have been researching things, because it feels so traumatic to me, to see these already poverty-stricken people lose what they have, what little they have. There is a site called 'moveon.org', where you can actually donate a spare room of shelter to some of these people for a time, until goverment aid can help them. I am thinking, what an interesting coincidence, that I finish moving out of my condo and into my home this weekend. I have been debating of what to do with my condo, to keep it to rent or to sell it. I think for right now, it would be quite the nice sanctuary for someone. And so it shall be.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.