Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63172 Topics
441741 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#124458 - 11/09/05 02:34 AM Re: Subject: raising boys
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
OK, so I only have 1 daughter, no sons, but I did grow up with two younger brothers. This thread made me laugh REALLY hard and as soon as I caught my breath, I copied most of it and sent it to them. The one brother who now has two sons, just hung his head and laughed - then he cried - 'cause he knows what's coming. *lol*

#124459 - 01/06/06 04:28 PM Re: Subject: raising boys
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I thought I would pop this up to the top for the benefit of guys who are new here. There has been a cool thread started by Ste on "Eternal Childhood", and this other thread, also started by Ste a few months ago, is on the crazy things boys do.

It was a lot of fun and we all had a ball with it, and it's good to be reminded that even though we had many problems, in a lot of ways we were just...BOYS!!!! \:\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#124460 - 01/07/06 11:24 AM Re: Subject: raising boys
Wifey1 Offline

Guize,
with a new grand son just a week old I think it's about time to copy and send this to daugh & son in law...

son in law is a tattoo artist, so he is "very pretty" covered in his "ART".

Daughs best GF has a daugh age 3 , 1st time she met son in law she promptly drew on herself head to toe, then proceeded to ask mommy "Mommy, what would you say if I gotz a tattoo?" -Mommy promptly replied "you'd better be 18 and out of the house 1st.

I've told daugh & son in law Baby's 1st day of school he will most likely use his markers to "tattoo" the class, and probably charge at least a nickle a tattoo. To also prepare themselves for every parent to call the school and to be placed in the "hot seat" for having such a creative "son" -- Once they "see" daddy I wonder if the complaints will go away?? LOL!!

Keep 'em comin' I'm needing the giggles!
Peace,
Sammy

#124461 - 05/13/06 01:11 AM Re: Subject: raising boys
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Hi everyone,

Trish just posted a funny one that came at a good moment. Here's another one from last year that was a complete hoot.

I see I have popped this one back up before. Oh well, I just keep remembering it and I like it for the way it shows some of the cool and funny aspects of being boys. We are NOT defined by what the abusers did to us.

My sister Cathie ("Lady Rock") will soooooo remember some of my contributions to the thread. \:\)

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124462 - 05/13/06 01:28 AM Re: Subject: raising boys
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Hehehehe......yup I remember this one, especially my poor brother's reaction to it...the little stinker deserves whatever his sons throw his way. He may be amost 40, but I remember his antics like they were yesterday......priceless \:D

ROCK ON.....Trish

#124463 - 05/19/06 03:28 PM Re: Subject: raising boys
Lady Rock Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
This thread has me howling! May I add that one should never place the container with the sourdough starter on top on the refrigerator while one's parents are on vacation? The one about the old ripped jeans.......our mother had the solution to Larry's old jeans that he refused to discard....she stitched them shut. And I don't mean one line of stitching with the sewing machine. She made a damn quilt out of them! Also, only 6-7 people can hide under a picnic table. Lar, I know they didn't notice a thing.

#124464 - 05/19/06 08:09 PM Re: Subject: raising boys
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Cath,

That HAD to be memorable memory of the year, if not of the decade. Everyone is stoned? The pastor of the church lives next door? He walks outside? Solution? Hide under the picnic table.

I'm still not sure why that didn't work....

Much MUCH love Cath,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#124465 - 05/19/06 10:08 PM Re: Subject: raising boys
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Have you ever looked into a little boys eyes, and asked him if he did something he didnt do?

Have you ever looked into a little boys eyes, and asked him if he did something he did do?

He will mark his mind on how well you reacted to the same two questions.

He will also mark his mind for everything he does in his life, and relative reaction from his guardian'or whoever he meets.

This goes for any child, their childhood is a blank canvas waiting for good or bad remarks or behaviour towards them.

Hope that made sense,

ste

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.