Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (GT13568, aniceguy, Cthulhu, Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63559 Topics
444071 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#124387 - 08/24/05 10:25 PM You got to be kidding, our 40th???
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, at the risk of sounding like I need some congratulatory comments, I just wanted to say that I can't believe that I'm sitting here telling you that on Sunday, the 28th of August, Ranata and I will celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary.

I could tell you that I didn't think that I'd be here, that I wouldn't have lived this long, 65. Between the smoking when I was younger and the anxiety, I honestly didn't think that I would make it.

I could tell you that it became so rough for me that I had thoughts of suicide. Donald says that as a group, we think of suicide more often but don't kill ourselves more often than most other groups.

I know that I don't think about that as much anymore and that I'm starting to actually think about what I want to do with the rest of my/our life.

It is a different fellow who sits here than the guy who first came here on that late night of the 18th of October, 2002

For a guy, who was as old as I was, for a guy so convinced that he was lower on the human scale than whale shit, for me to be sitting here thinking of ways to celebrate with Ranata, that alone is a testimony that recovery is possible.

Am I recovered, am I whole? Donald would say that I always was, that I wasn't anymore out of whack than just out of tune, like a car or a musical instrument. Do I have some tuning up yet to do? Ya, I do. AM I glad that I'm at this point in my life? Oh, ya.

It was rough this year, our roughest. Is the turmoil over? God, I hope that it never gets that rough again. I don't think that it will. I have new skills; Ranata has new understandings of me.

On the cusp of this incredible event, I want to wish you all the best with your therapies and recoveries. If I'm any example that it is possible, please take it and run with it. It is hard, it is individual, no one will be able to completely identify with you, but the guys here are fantastic.

And it is on that note that I want to say thank you, to all of you, for being here at this site, for posting so honestly, for sharing so completely. It has made my journey so much easier knowing that I would always have you guys when I needed you.

And, they are many of you that I will be thanking individually, but I do want to thank all of you for being the best damn group of men that I've ever met, and had as chums, in my life; Army buddies and other brothers pale in comparison.

Thank you, to all of you. Thank you for being here when I needed you.

Take courage, have faith, and blessings to you and yours as you and I continue our journeys to health and better times.

Most affectionately,

David

#124388 - 08/24/05 11:34 PM Re: You got to be kidding, our 40th???
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
David, I wish you so much joy in your life, and your anniversary and stuff.

I never thought I would get to 51, but I did, and dont have a soul mate :p

Yeah, I wish you so much pleasure in your life,

ste

#124389 - 08/24/05 11:53 PM Re: You got to be kidding, our 40th???
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
Congratulations, David. Yeah, I'd say in this day and age, 40 years is nothing short of a miracle. I hope you're taking the Mrs. out for the time of her life. Our spouses sure deserve it.

And yes, those round numbers are the ones that get me, too. I've been married 15 years now, but I've told my wife that my life didn't begin until I married her. She was SA, too. Our goal is to be married longer than we were ever with our families. We're going to make it.

1,500 posts is a milestone, too, David. You've added greatly to this site. I appreciate you being here very much. Take care of yourself. And have a fun anniversary.

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

#124390 - 08/25/05 01:39 AM Re: You got to be kidding, our 40th???
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
With warmest hugs of congratulations David.

And many many more.....

Jimmer:)

#124391 - 08/25/05 03:54 PM Re: You got to be kidding, our 40th???
TX_Space Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
David,
You have been a beacon of light for me these last few weeks. Thank you for that...and on those 40 years! You are blessed.

tx

#124392 - 08/25/05 08:23 PM Re: You got to be kidding, our 40th???
Mystic Rhythm Offline

Loc: Limbo, clawing my way out...
My journey has just begun here, but I must say WOW! I truly agree with ForeverFighting that 40 years is a miracle. And to have made 1500 posts is also something to be proud of, having shared so much with this community.

You've inspired me Ivanhoe. One day, I'll be proud to say the same. \:D

MR

#124393 - 08/25/05 10:38 PM Re: You got to be kidding, our 40th???
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Good God, man, that's an average of....10 U.S. marriages! \:D

You're blowing the curve for the rest of us, you know.

Seriously, my good friend, knowing how you've helped me, and understanding how hard it is to work through the crap we work through, not EVEN going into making a marriage work, well, this is a heck of a thing.

One that makes me smile.

You both deserve only the best things in this life, and I wish these things for you.

Enjoy each other, and love each other.

Peace,

Scot(d) \:\)

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#124394 - 08/25/05 11:12 PM Re: You got to be kidding, our 40th???
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
David, I don't know if you and your wife "need" those congratulations, but I think you deserve them \:\)
Have a wonderful anniversary

#124395 - 08/26/05 01:25 AM Re: You got to be kidding, our 40th???
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Brother David,

I am so happy for you. My neighbors who just moved away this summer celebrated 35 years in June. It's couples like you & Ranata and my angel neighbors that give me hope for humanity.

I know you have had a rough spot, and you know what I think? It seems to me that you and Ranata have the kind of love that overcomes difficulties, that grows and forces each of you to grow with it or fall. I guess that means you each have the kind of strength, courage, wisdom, and commitment that it takes to grow because for 40+ years you've chosen not to fall.

Ya know, if everyone had parents like your daughters have, this site might not have to exist.

Happy anniversary!

Joe

#124396 - 08/26/05 01:35 AM Re: You got to be kidding, our 40th???
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

David,

Congratulations 4 u and your wife. Trust we both had a wondeful day. Thanks 4 being here and taking care of us.

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.